The League Of Gentlemen - Series 3 Page 2

Quote: zooo @ October 28 2008, 11:47 PM BST

I always spelled it 'repaaaart'.

That would probably be a better way of spelling it. :)

Did anyone catch the live show at Drury Lane (not the panto)? It was fantastic.

Nope. It's on my must buy list.

Quote: zooo @ October 28 2008, 11:47 PM BST

Oh no my geeky quoting lines side has come out. :(

Aw. Bless. *pat*

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 28 2008, 11:51 PM BST

Did anyone catch the live show at Drury Lane (not the panto)? It was fantastic.

Yeah, I saw their Drury Lane show on DVD.

Oh, and I went to see their panto live at Brighton. :) :) :)

I saw the live show live. My seat was way up in the gods, but it was a fab. They were adlib-ing and trying to make each other laugh and seemed to be really enjoying doing the show themselves. Really good value for money.

I have to say, I didn't really enjoy the third series as much as the first two. I think it was a brave decision to try something a bit different, but it didn't quite come off.

One of the problems for me was that I like LoG characters in small sketch-like bursts, which is why the first two series worked so well, but with the third series we spent infinitely more time with select characters. And for me, the characters just weren't interesting enough to sustain that closer scrutiny.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 29 2008, 11:20 AM BST

I saw the live show live.

Best way really.

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 12:30 PM BST

I have to say, I didn't really enjoy the third series as much as the first two. I think it was a brave decision to try something a bit different, but it didn't quite come off.

One of the problems for me was that I like LoG characters in small sketch-like bursts, which is why the first two series worked so well, but with the third series we spent infinitely more time with select characters. And for me, the characters just weren't interesting enough to sustain that closer scrutiny.

Come on, Geoff deserves his own series!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 12:37 PM BST

Come on, Geoff deserves his own series!

Which one was Geoff again?

Quote: David Bussell @ October 29 2008, 12:37 PM BST

Best way really.

Yes, and not on DVD as other posters had said they had. :)

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 1:03 PM BST

Which one was Geoff again?

Curly black hair, moustache, very angry. 'Wolves did it!'

I loved the radio series and I loved the first TV series, especially as it meant they had to invent Edward and Tubbs to replace the radio series shopkeeper.

Then I think I liked the second series even more, largely because it was slightly less sketch-y and a bit darker. It felt more like a rounded sitcom than a linked sketch show.

The third series had some excellent bits in it but I didn't enjoy it quite so much, although that still leaves room for quite a lot of enjoyment! I actually liked the way it focussed more on the selected characters, I just didn't think it was quite so well written as the first two series.

Slag A - perhaps they intentionally took the Chubby Brown joke? They're well known to be fans of his - He played the mayor in the second series and his real name is Royston Vasey. That might have been another tribute.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 1:17 PM BST

Curly black hair, moustache, very angry. 'Wolves did it!'

Not a bad character, but I wouldn't want to spend six episodes in his company. Like Griff in many ways. Not bad, but you wouldn't want to know him in real life. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 1:39 PM BST

Not a bad character, but I wouldn't want to spend six episodes in his company. Like Griff in many ways. Not bad, but you wouldn't want to know him in real life. ;)

*snigger*

The ending was such a shame. As zooo said, they made remarks about what they wanted on the commentary and it sounded so much better.

Still enjoyed it nonetheless :) Listening to the commentary for series 1 atm :)