The League Of Gentlemen - Series 3 Page 3

I love their commentaries!!
So funny.

I listen to all commentaries on everything, top 3 would have to be

- The League of Gentlemen
- Phoenix Nights (and That Peter Kay Thing)
- The Simpsons

:)

I'm so gald this wonderful series has been mentioned (not series 3) I became a fan of the show when the second series was being shown for the first time - it took me a while to get into, but I was soon hooked.

I have enjoyed most of the League of Gentlemen related programmes except series 3. Those boys from the League sure have a sadistic side to their personalities. They are however, the Monty Python for this generation.

Is there anyone who likes series 3?

Me.

I loved it!
It had more of an arc, and some funky theme music.

Series 3 was interesting because it they changed it from a sketch show into something a little more similar to a sitcom.
I'm not sure it worked as well as they would have liked but fair play to them for trying something a bit different.

I love series 3. It's not my favourite but I applaud them for being brave to kill off their most well known and well loved characters (besides Papa, of course) as well as completely changing the feel of the show. I agree, it's a shame some things didn't come off as they'd hoped but the hilarious, pissed off commentary almost makes up for it!

Their Christmas Special, though... that is a thing of beauty and the best thing they've ever done. I would love for them to do a full length feature film in that portmanteau style.

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ June 30 2010, 10:58 AM BST

Series 3 is the only one I do like.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ June 30 2010, 12:47 PM BST

Their Christmas Special, though... that is a thing of beauty and the best thing they've ever done. I would love for them to do a full length feature film in that portmanteau style.

Reece and Steve are doing a Halloween Psychoville special, could be a decent stand in? :)

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ June 30 2010, 10:58 AM BST

I like it too. Although like alot of LoG stuff I never get the urge to rewatch it.

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2010, 12:10 AM BST

Reece and Steve are doing a Halloween Psychoville special, could be a decent stand in? :)

Oh definitely! Psychoville is superb and it is probably the only thing on TV I am really looking forward to. I do still pine for a reunion though. Not Vasey, but something dark and disturbing in it's place. :D

Well my wish has sort of been granted!

League of Gentlemen news! We are reuniting shortly for a Radio 4 programme in which the four of us are staying overnight in a haunted house!

The radio 4 show IS true. We are not in character. It's just us four in a reputed haunted house for a night! Let's hope the spooks show up!

*squee*

OooooooooOOOoooooOOOOoooh!!!

I do wonder why they haven't got together to do something new for so long. They say it's difficult to all get together, but really, how hard is it?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 1 2010, 3:42 PM BST

I do wonder why they haven't got together to do something new for so long. They say it's difficult to all get together, but really, how hard is it?

I know, I suspect they've been busy writing more than anything. Mark with his Doctor Who stuff, Jeremy with Ghost Stories and Steve and Reece with Psychoville. Reece said they had meant to do something similar on TV a few years ago but were bumped by Girls Aloud so maybe there have been attempts to get together and do something that have been thwarted by evil TV overlords.