Argumental - Series 1 Page 4

Quote: Badge @ October 29 2008, 1:41 AM BST

I quite enjoyed Argumental but it was also quite forgettable - if that makes sense?

Yes, I know what you mean. I've remembered a couple of John Sergeant's jokes though. I love it when panel shows air jokes like this (Would I Lie To You? airs similar 'nasty' jokes... love them!):

"Vegetarian Paul McCartney's last piece of mutton cost him £25million"

"MPs must now produce a receipt for everything they claim. All the London rent boys have changed their name to John Lewis"

I was a bit worried about what I was going to be subjecting myself to when I sat down to watch it (as Dave's last panel show, And Then You Die was one of the worst things I've ever seen), but Argumental turned out to be much fun. I laughed a fair bit actually. I'll certainly be sticking with it.

I tuned in last night for the first time mainly because of the calibre of the participants, I missed it last week as I was in Wales at my father in law's funeral. Which, I have to say, ran last night's Argumental pretty close for entertainment value. I thought it was shockingly awful. Vegas looked like he didn't want to be there and poor old John Seargent looked even less comfortable than he did when I saw him briefly on that dancing programme on Saturday night. When I ventured into the living room to top up my wife's glass you understand.

And I would never have heard of Rufus Hound at all until that programme had he not appeared in a trailer for the 'new' Richard and Judy show immediately before, during which I assured my wife that he must be being deliberately un funny as he didn't look real and was probably the latest creation of that guy who used to wear a neck brace, whatever his name was. But no, real and not funny.

Can't imagine giving it a second chance.

Good news! A second series has been commissioned.

Story from Broadcast

Ah, good good. I've really enjoyed it. :)

Me too. Excellent news. Hope they keep up the high standard of guests.