Status report Page 6,103

Tight sod.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th July 2021, 8:14 PM

I had a lovely time the day we went there - a beautiful day, we had lunch on the way and all for under a pound you know.

I hope that on the way back you didn't cuddle with Jack.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th July 2021, 8:21 PM

I hope that on the way back you didn't cuddle with Jack.

It was a wild and lonely place, you understand. The nights were long and there was nothing else to do...

Bangor?
No she went of her own accord

May have mixed two jokes up there hard to tell

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th July 2021, 12:38 AM

Bangor?
No she went of her own accord

May have mixed two jokes up there hard to tell

And that's a strange place to have a door.

Well, it looks like my trip to the UK is off, since my unvaccinated son-in-law would have to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. The rest of Europe only requires a negative test, so I guess we'll try to pivot to Prague/Germany/Austria/wherever. I was very much looking forward to a few pints in a pub.

What age have they got to on the jab in your neck of the woods?

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th July 2021, 7:21 PM

Best to get the jab in the arm.

:D

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2021, 7:24 PM

Best to get the jab in the arm.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th July 2021, 7:21 PM

Kids 12 and older can get the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. 18 and older for Johnson & Johnson. I believe kids 10 and under are exempt from vaccinations and quarantines in the UK, so I may try to bring my grandson by myself if everything else falls apart.

It's kind of silly that the U.S. is on the green list for most of Europe, but amber for the UK. It looks like most of Europe only requires a negative test for Americans - if anything. It seems like a more reasonable approach.

Si, how old is the son in law? Not yet double- jabbed I guess?

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th July 2021, 10:30 PM

Si, how old is the son in law? Not yet double- jabbed I guess?

He's 35 or 36, but doesn't want to get vaccinated. At this point, anyone 12 or over can get a same-day walk-in vaccination, but most of those willing to get vaccinated already have.

I think, increasingly, non- vaxxers will find some situations harder than others.

And the anti-vaxxers will never shut up about it too.

One of my own son inlaw's is an ardent anti vaxxer. He posts everywhere, every day with his unfounded theories.
I get it from him in the ear-ole when we meet. My grandchildren have not been vaccinated for anything.
No MMR, nothing. It worries me.

People like him are not only antisocial, but dangerous.