Status report Page 6,098

Cheers for the reassurance Herc, I'm quite happy to go in ignorant (I was going to say blind) and trust the experts.

Plenty of time for them to swab the decks and wash the last of the Covid away Whistling nnocently

My mum had that op

Nothing to worry about at all

Quote: fasty @ 18th April 2021, 2:46 PM

Cheers for the reassurance Herc, I'm quite happy to go in ignorant (I was going to say blind) and trust the experts.

Plenty of time for them to swab the decks and wash the last of the Covid away Whistling nnocently

I'll keep an eye out for you.................

Well, speaking of Covid and the severe backlog of operations, including for the eyes according to the news, my experience has been that I was offered my recent "trap door in the eyeball" and had the op. within a couple of weeks of that. So, no backlog it seems in our local hospital at all.

As for the Covid - I had to have a test on the Friday for the op. on the Monday, and that was it. Presumably I hadn't got it, otherwise there would have been no eye operation.

Some years ago I had to have a throat operation and it was during the MRSA scare, which I seemed to have picked up somewhere. That did take sometime to have the op. as I had to clear that up with a special body-wash they gave me, which I had to use everyday for about a fortnight.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th April 2021, 3:26 PM

a special body-wash they gave me

For some reason Hill's Angels popped into my mind then Lovey

Naughty boy!

Quote: fasty @ 16th April 2021, 9:08 PM

My dentist is brilliant. Recently had one of the big front ones out and while I just felt the anesthetic jab the extraction was silent and painless. Mind you, for the monthly fee I'd expect her to do home visits to clean them, preferably naked Cool

Optometrist on a recent eye test said I'm developing cataracts but should be fine for a couple of years - now that I am actually sh***ing myself about :O

I had one done a couple of years ago. Not too bad.

I've had my living room re-decorated this week.
Now before you all get on to me about how I paid for it.
A man I know did it for £100 cash and I supplied the materials from B&Q.
Whether he declares it or not is up to him - so no intrusive questions. OK

What's you IR reference number? Just curious. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th April 2021, 8:10 AM

Whether he declares it or not is up to him - so no intrusive questions. OK

Unless of course HMRC feel that, by paying cash, you were aware that it was likely that he would not be declaring it for tax purposes (which clearly you were since you raise the subject) and consequently rule that you colluded with the tradesman in avoiding meeting his liability...

Having a beer and some street tacos at the airport before flying to Orlando to visit my parents; my kids will be joining us in two days.

The airport is packed. Lots of families wearing Disney World shirts.

Sounds like normal life.

We've forgotten what that is in England.

Enjoy yourself.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th May 2021, 8:11 AM

Sounds like normal life.

We've forgotten what that is in England.

Enjoy yourself.

I'm in Florida and I've seen masks in grocery stores and on a few employees at restaurants, but everyone seems to be back to normal for the most part.

I hope your country can get back to normal soon - August at the latest, since I'm supposed to fly in on the 2nd. If you (or anyone else from the BCG) are in/near London, York, Edinburgh, the Lake District, Manchester, or Dublin, let me know and I'll buy you a pint or three. Let's put this disaster behind us!

I think a lot depends on this new variant and whether we can keep a lid on it.

Alright dudes Cool

Howdo Lee