Status report Page 6,101

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th June 2021, 7:08 AM

I sometimes think I'm heading for a mental breakdown.

What with looking after my disabled wife for 10 years now, my failing eyesight, breathlessness and general age-related health problems, things just gnaw at me - like Meldrew on steroids.

Being a so called "covid vulnerable" I have few people I can talk to, so this forum is all I have, but I think I need to give it a rest and do some serious thinking about my life, or maybe Aaron will give me the push.

The trouble is some people here take things too seriously. It's a comedy website (and also somewhere to have a little rant until freedom of speech is banned by today's wokery!)

Quote: Chappers @ 19th June 2021, 8:57 AM

The trouble is some people here take things too seriously. It's a comedy website (and also somewhere to have a little rant until freedom of speech is banned by today's wokery!)

Thank you Dave, a voice of sanity

The longest day, which I hate seeing come round as it means the days will be getting shorter from now on. :(

I'm an happy soul. Pleased

You can be happy for us though.

Of course, everything is upside down and back to front for you. Must be weird.

I need the toilet but I'm also waiting for a plumber to come to fix the toilet and I know the moment I commit, is the same moment he'll knock on the door.

Quote: Lee @ 22nd June 2021, 9:57 AM

I need the toilet but I'm also waiting for a plumber to come to fix the toilet and I know the moment I commit, is the same moment he'll knock on the door.

Coop plastic bag for life works well. Whistling nnocently

I don't think plastic bags know how to fix toilets.

Maybe, but they have a large capacity and are leak proof.

Not very good for the environment though. I might have to go in one of those paper bags, it's all their good for anyway.

:O Well it is a bag for life, and I would expect you to wash it out afterwards, of course.

Getting ready to head to the airport for a flight to Seattle to visit my son and his fiancee. My daughter and grandkids are also flying in from Denver, so it'll be a happy reunion in the middle of Seattle's record breaking heatwave. Tomorrow is supposed to be 110F/43.3C. Thank the gods of refrigeration for air conditioning, but I've read that Seattle is the country's least-air-conditioned city, so we might not leave my son's apartment very often.

Just fitted new set of wiper-blades.
Anyone who knows me will understand what an extraordinary breakthrough this is.

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th June 2021, 3:37 PM

Just fitted new set of wiper-blades.
Anyone who knows me will understand what an extraordinary breakthrough this is.

I got mine done at my MOT so I didn't have to worry although they'd been really noisy for a long time.

Getting ready for one last round of day drinking with my son before heading to the airport for the flight home. There are far too many creepy homeless people for me to ever consider living in the center of a large city, but it sure is nice to be within walking distance of dozens of bars and restaurants.

A sketchy street person (possibly a Central American gang member, judging by his neck tattoos) pulled out a huge machete while we walked past yesterday, and I saw my son-in-law switch to cop mode instantly. He had a Glock in his waistband and it wouldn't have ended very well for the machete-bearer had he gotten any closer to my daughter and her baby. Life in the big city!