Status report Page 6,093

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th March 2021, 10:25 AM

Funny old world as they say.

I received a private message from them saying they would love to print the good news and they love the good news but...
Good news does not sell papers and it's their job to sell papers. Bad news sells.

Watching Emmerdale (Yes - honestly) the Asian man was going to cook his wife a Chicken Makhani.

It brought back memories of the Mukkinese Battle Horn.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049059/

Off to the hospital soon, to have my eye operation, which I am not looking forward to as it is with a local anaesthetic, which I've had before with a cataract operation - it's just a bit weird.

I'd rather not have it done, but it's a Catch 22 situation because if I don't, I will eventually go blind in that eye and if I do, there's a 1 in a 1000 chance it will go wrong and I'll be blind in it anyway.

F**k, I hate getting old. Angry

All the best.

Hope it goes well.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2021, 9:53 AM

It's better than the alternative...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th March 2021, 10:29 AM

All the best.

Thank you :)

Quote: playfull @ 15th March 2021, 10:46 AM

Hope it goes well.

It's better than the alternative...

Thank you, and I sometimes wonder, as I look at my life falling to pieces.

HOWEVER......................

I've had the op., it wasn't a bad as I had in my head, but that's not unusual of course.

The biggest problem was keeping dead still in a semi-comfortable "chair" for over an hour!! I got cramp, and of course, various parts of my anatomy decided they would have an itch relay. AND in the middle of the op, when he was putting the stitches in, I had to tell him I could feel the needle he was using. HOLY HURT Batman, but all was well when he put some more numbing drops in the eye.

Boy, was I glad when it was over.

The surgeon was pleased, and now have to see him tomorrow afternoon for a check up.

Ooooo arrrrr Jim lad Pirate

Off to the hospital soon, to have my eye operation, which I am not looking forward to as it is with a local anaesthetic, which I've had before with a cataract operation - it's just a bit weird.

It is very weird. My blood pressure dropped alarmingly.

Can't you get a time machine?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2021, 5:07 PM

I've had the op., it wasn't a bad as I had in my head, but that's not unusual of course.

Boy, was I glad when it was over.

The surgeon was pleased, and now have to see him tomorrow afternoon for a check up.

Ooooo arrrrr Jim lad Pirate

Pleased it went well for you.

I'd rather not have it done, but it's a Catch 22 situation because if I don't, I will eventually go blind in that eye and if I do, there's a 1 in a 1000 chance it will go wrong and I'll be blind in it anyway.

Good luck Herc. If it all goes wrong we'll have a whip round and get you a Jack Sparrow costume:P

Quote: Chappers @ 15th March 2021, 5:47 PM

Pleased it went well for you.

Thank you Dave - check up this afternoon.

Quote: Will Cam @ 15th March 2021, 7:50 PM

Good luck Herc. If it all goes wrong we'll have a whip round and get you a Jack Sparrow costume:P

Thank you Will. That'll do nicely, ooo arrr, so it will. Oi'll be the envy of the high seas

Check up went OK - now got another THREE eye drops to use - one of them every two waking hours! But don't have to go round looking like Long John Silver, so there's some progress.

Whatabout the parrot?I hope he goes to a good home.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th March 2021, 12:08 AM

Check up went OK - now got another THREE eye drops to use

You've got three eyes?

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th March 2021, 12:46 AM

Whatabout the parrot?I hope he goes to a good home.

He went down well with a plate of chips - bit gamey, but different.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th March 2021, 2:56 PM

You've got three eyes?

Yes, I'm a stunt double in Toy Story for the LGM

That patronising "Go Left" advert.

It is an insult to the families of those killed on so-called Smart Motorways!

Every f**king driver in the country knows you go left if you can.

I don't think many posters on here would be turning left.