Status report Page 6,086

Chappers I did reply to your PM but there may be an issue as I have replied to both your messages . The bottom line being I'm sorry for your loss and I'm no saint myself :)

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 8th February 2021, 7:51 PM

Chappers I did reply to your PM but there may be an issue as I have replied to both your messages . The bottom line being I'm sorry for your loss and I'm no saint myself :)

No issue!Kissing

Let's not go nuts we both know I can go off like a two bob rocket.

So sorry for your loss mate

:(

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th February 2021, 9:17 PM

So sorry for your loss mate

:(

Thanks Loft.

My condolences Chappers.

Bloody snow won't go. Haven't been out of the house for a week. Angry

Last week I was stopped by the police while driving.
Full blues and twos as they say.
I thought it was a bit dramatic for a covid/where are you going check.
Turns out my MOT had run out 4 weeks prior.
They told me the dvla are insisting that errant mots are fined.
You don't even get a reminder.
I was also told I could drive home but not again unless it was for a pre-booked mot.
I did it the same day.
The next day, they saw me again and stopped me.
He got straight into the 'what did I tell you yesterday...
I wasn't yet registered on the data base.
Luckily I still had the current mot in the glove box.

I await my fine in the post.

Yes, there should be a reminder sent, like they do with the road tax. Last year I alarmingly discovered my MOT was 4 months out of date, and so my car maintenance man/mate picked my car up on his trade plates and got it done for me.

And so,the first thing I did when I got the car back was to write the f**king date on my large calendar in the kitchen! Grrrrrr Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th February 2021, 12:01 AM

Yes, there should be a reminder sent, like they do with the road tax. Last year I alarmingly discovered my MOT was 4 months out of date, and so my car maintenance man/mate picked my car up on his trade plates and got it done for me.

And so,the first thing I did when I got the car back was to write the f**king date on my large calendar in the kitchen! Grrrrrr Angry

Go to DVLA website and you can set up a reminder - it texts you one month prior then again a fortnight later.
My local garage usually needs a couple of weeks notice - so it comes in handy.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th February 2021, 10:41 AM

Go to DVLA website and you can set up a reminder - it texts you one month prior then again a fortnight later.
My local garage usually needs a couple of weeks notice - so it comes in handy.

Well I never knew that - thank you. :)

Fine came today.....£100 That's a bit strong for 1 month out.

My power supplier npower has been taken over by EON and I'm not happy with them at all. I should switch I suppose, and have thought about it many a time, but couldn't be arsed.

I expect others on the BCG have done this. What's your advice and experience with changing suppliers? It's supposed to be easier now isn't it?

I did it 2 years ago.
Can't remember which website... one of those go compare and such.

They do it all for you. They cancel your supplier and set up a direct debit with the new one.
They ask you to read your meter every month and adjust your DD every so often.
I was with British Gas for both gas and electricity. (the most expensive of them all)
I save £400 p/a

Ta, :) but the "They ask you to read your meter every month" is one of the things I'm pissed off with EON, because npower were quarterly, which I much prefer.