Status report Page 6,084

Back home after the procedure. One 1.2cm polyp that they removed and said was almost certainly benign; lab results in a week.

I can see why Michael Jackson liked propofol. A little tingling in my head as they injected it and then I awoke in the recovery room feeling fine.

I was going to give you a big thumbs up.
But you've probably had quite enough of that sort of thing already.
Glad it went well.

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th January 2021, 5:43 PM

I was going to give you a big thumbs up.
But you've probably had quite enough of that sort of thing already.
Glad it went well.

Thanks. I'd like to say that there were no thumbs or other appendages involved, but I was unconscious, so...

The doctor was a former Army officer, so we bonded over our shared Army experience. Nice guy.

We were all on tenterhooks wondering how your arse invasion was going.

Glad to hear you're okay Da Butt!

Quote: DaButt @ 25th January 2021, 5:09 PM

Back home after the procedure. One 1.2cm polyp that they removed and said was almost certainly benign; lab results in a week.

Yes that is better than a 10cm grade 3 tumor, six weeks chemoradiation, blood transfusion, 2 surgeries, post op chemo they overdid, at least a year of near hell recovery and a post op condition they chose not to tell me about. Don't know about Propofol but I drove home on morphine, a ten mile trip took half a day and I ran over my petrol cap. Got myself home though. :)

Quote: L.E. @ 25th January 2021, 9:04 PM

Glad to hear you're okay Da Butt!

Thanks. Glad to "see" you around these parts again!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th January 2021, 11:09 PM

Yes that is better than a 10cm grade 3 tumor, six weeks chemoradiation, blood transfusion, 2 surgeries, post op chemo they overdid, at least a year of near hell recovery and a post op condition they chose not to tell me about. Don't know about Propofol but I drove home on morphine, a ten mile trip took half a day and I ran over my petrol cap. Got myself home though. :)

Sounds terrible! Hope you're 100% now.

They wouldn't let me drive myself home. Even Uber and taxis were verboten. I've taken my neighbor to a dozen appointments for his horrific leg injury, so he returned the favor.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th January 2021, 1:38 AM

Sounds terrible! Hope you're 100% now.

In spirit yes, not in body, but you just adjust your life to it. Two weeks in a renal ward made me feel quite lucky, tbh. I hope it comes back as benign but it sounds like it should. I think the key is not to pass blood, or if you do, insist on what you had asap.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th January 2021, 1:38 AM

They wouldn't let me drive myself home.

Me neither. :) It was a day or two after, when the morphine had worn off and the pain kicked in that I remembered someone saying they were sorting hospital transport out for me. Oops.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th January 2021, 5:09 PM

I can see why Michael Jackson liked propofol. A little tingling in my head as they injected it and then I awoke in the recovery room feeling fine.

So glad it went well in de butt, and sincerely hope the results prove negative. Wave

Had a letter from the NHS this morning re jab and have booked it online for this coming Tuesday, with follow up jab 22nd April.

Will let you know how I got on, not unless I die post vaccination. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th January 2021, 12:08 PM

Had a letter from the NHS this morning re jab and have booked it online for this coming Tuesday, with follow up jab 22nd April.

Will let you know how I got on, not unless I die post vaccination. :(

I had my first one a few weeks ago.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th January 2021, 8:56 PM

And I didn't even feel a little prick!

:)

Quote: Chappers @ 28th January 2021, 5:43 PM

I had my first one a few weeks ago.

How the f**k did you swing that? You're not old enough or vulnerable?

I'm strolling along the High Street and it's like a ghost town. The pawnbroker can't open cos he's in hockdown. The Chinese chippy's shut cos they're in wokdown and the Edinburgh Woollen Mill has completely disappeared. They must be in effin' JOCKdown. :O

What about the brothel?

The brewery is shuttered due to the bockdown. There's no action at the wharf due to the dockdown. A racist might claim that the Chinese restaurant was actually on a rockdown, as opposed to a wokdown.