Status report Page 5,958

Happy belated anniversary!

Fankooo zooo :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2017, 12:06 PM

Today is my 51st Wedding Anniversary Hug Dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Depends on who Mrs G-T is....

Congratulations!

I didn't see that yesterday Herc, that's quite an achievement. Congratulations.

Yes sorry Herc. Quite an achievement. Hope for another 51.

Congratulations to you both HGT.

What is the 'gift' for 51? Californium?

Thank you everyone.

(You've been watching Pointless again playfull ;) ).

Will Can is on a flying visit to London to watch QPR play Barnsley tonight. 'Come on you Rssss'

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th March 2017, 12:27 PM

Will Can is on a flying visit to London to watch QPR play Barnsley tonight. 'Come on you Rssss'

Yey, we won! Great day. Will Cam is staying in a hotel at Gatwick and is flying up North in the morning because he was too lazy to drive South.

Wow. With all this business about the CIA and MI5 listening to us via our domestic appliances, I wonder what they'd make of hearing ME right now!

I have never grunted and gasped so much on simply moving around and even just getting up from a sitting position!

I've had RSI before by performing the same tasks for hours on end so you get all twisted and knotted up, but this time I also have coccyx trauma from sifting bold upright in same position, same chair, for some days, 20 hours straight. I didn't even know this was a thing . . . but having to lie on my side on sofa for 5 days and only sit awkwardly for short periods propped up by hard cushions just generates further problems.

So I bit the bullet and ordered an orthopaedic cushion to avoid it worsening, while in meantime wondering how I'll explain my peculiar posture and grimacing to people who notice . . . a skydiving accident, or perhaps heroically rescuing a cat from up a tree . . .

:O

Dear oh dear, fop and I thought I had issues. Sincerely hope you get it right soon.

Got to go, my toaster's giving me funny looks.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th March 2017, 12:05 PM

Dear oh dear, fop and I thought I had issues. Sincerely hope you get it right soon.

Got to go, my toaster's giving me funny looks.

It's laughable, actually, because it's my own bloody fault in thinking I'm still 25 years young. I just motor along until my bod (rather than my brain) protests and calls me an idiot via physical pain.

But even when I cracked my toe in January on a skirting board by zooming around unpacking groceries and was in considerable pain for at least a month (though I could still hobble around) . . . I laughed then too because so many have it so much worse, and they haven't even achieved it by being stupid.

:(

(and FYI . . . my toaster's been acting in a suspicious manner lately too - I think it's in cahoots with the fridge).

:O Should this be under Status Report? Well yes, there's been a change, nay a BIG change in my life and something that is amongst my earliest memories.

I remember as a toddler staring fascinated at the dead lion being "fed on" by bees on the side of Tate & Lyle's Golden Syrup tin, with mouth watering as Mummy made me a Golden Syrup sandwich...................BUT NOW..........where has Mr Tate gone!?!?!?!? It's only Lyle's Golden Syrup now - WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!? :( Angry

The tin I have just thrown out, which was not that old was Tate & Lyle. Eh?

That was from the Bible. It's to do with Samson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson's_riddle

I know that! I want to know what happened to Mr Tate?