Status report Page 5,963

Quote: L.E. @ 2nd May 2017, 12:34 PM

L.E is nearly on maternity leave and working from home this week... because she can't put her shoes on anymore without help.

She is basically Little Miss Sunshine - a big ball and legs

Congrats! (On being pregnant not on being a ball with legs). Hope everything goes brilliantly well.

Quote: keewik @ 28th April 2017, 10:22 PM

Just had a relaxing, escapist evening watching an am dram club do two of my more ridiculous plays. Always feel I shouldn't be laughing at my own jokes, but I did.

So jealous. Never had anything performed...mind you i never finish anything. Must be a real thrill watching it.

Good luck L.E.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd May 2017, 2:25 PM

Is that where the term 'barefoot and pregnant' actually came from? Because you can't reach to put any shoes on.

I've never heard of that term.

It's probably American.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd May 2017, 7:01 PM

It's probably American.

Isn't it a well-known old term about how men were supposed to keep their wives 'barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen'?

Well shagged and poorly shod.

My friends named one of their band's albums 'Barefoot and Pregnant.'

Quote: keewik @ 2nd May 2017, 7:34 PM

Isn't it a well-known old term about how men were supposed to keep their wives 'barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen'?

Ah yes! Good idea!

Why are women's feet smaller than men's...............can I crack that one? Yes/No/Better Not?

Amazing what one week can bring.
A while back I did some work for an old customer for free.
I didn't expect to be paid, they are more like friends and have looked after me in the past.
This week I queued for tickets for Huddersfield Town's Sunday match in the play-off.
I can't tell you how big these games are. We have not been in the top division since the 70's.
To us, it's like the European cup finals.
They sold out before I even got close to the pay window.
It's on Sky but it's not the same - and all the pubs are open at 9 am.

Today, this customer phoned me. I didn't answer because I didn't want to do a job for them on Saturday.
The answerphone message said 'would you and your wife like to join us in our box tomorrow for the match'
10 am Full English breakfast, followed by copious imbibing and lots of shouting, all from a private box.

Result Stephen! well done.

What a nice friend to offer that out of the blue. Have fun!

(and of course nice of you to do some work for free)

Bah humbug.

Went down late-ish to my front yard with intent to tighten clamps on my MPV ready for MOT.

No soon as I started, it started to rain & I had to abandon it.

Bah!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th May 2017, 7:16 PM

Amazing what one week can bring.
A while back I did some work for an old customer for free.
I didn't expect to be paid, they are more like friends and have looked after me in the past.
This week I queued for tickets for Huddersfield Town's Sunday match in the play-off.
I can't tell you how big these games are. We have not been in the top division since the 70's.
To us, it's like the European cup finals.
They sold out before I even got close to the pay window.
It's on Sky but it's not the same - and all the pubs are open at 9 am.

Today, this customer phoned me. I didn't answer because I didn't want to do a job for them on Saturday.
The answerphone message said 'would you and your wife like to join us in our box tomorrow for the match'
10 am Full English breakfast, followed by copious imbibing and lots of shouting, all from a private box.

That is brilliant Stephen. 0-0 wasn't a bad score to take away. I hope they get to the final. I can honestly say that watching my beloved QPR beat Derby at Wembly in 2014, with my son, was the best day of my life. I never tire of seeing that Bobby Zamora goal.

https://youtu.be/YC7HBrDgmHI

Where we were sat gave us the view of the first camera angle. Cost me £92 a ticket, but worth every penny.

It's so important, it was painful to watch. (Football fans understand)
I've worn out my tonsils, I can hardly talk.
We are now 4/1 outsiders and I daren't bet in case I jinx it.

I expected it to be about a hundred quid for Wembly so no shock there.
The next 90 minutes, or more likely extra time and pens will be worse hehe

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th May 2017, 7:57 PM

I can honestly say that watching my beloved QPR beat Derby at Wembly in 2014, with my son, was the best day of my life.

Having watched Wimbledon since they were in the Isthmian League in the early 60s - and sold programmes there when I was at school - Wembley on 14 May 1988 (29 years ago today) was similarly memorable for me. Pity they then moved away...

Lots of people move away from their football clubs; not many suffer their football clubs moving away from them. :(