Status report Page 5,924

No it means you take it in as your own pet. Like when you adopt a kid.

If it says sponsor or something, then yes you would just be giving them money to help them look after it.

I imagine.

Quote: zooo @ 7th June 2016, 4:46 PM BST

No it means you take it in as your own pet. Like when you adopt a kid.

If it says sponsor or something, then yes you would just be giving them money to help them look after it.

I imagine.

Thank you zooo.

That's helpful.

The current problem is that most of them at furry friends are staffordshire bull terriers and I want a labrador.

In a couple of weeks time I will become the proud owner (slave of) a pet kitten. Cat thread here I come!

Yay, kitten!!!

Quote: zooo @ 7th June 2016, 6:40 PM BST

Yay, kitten!!!

Boo
Angry

Just had a call from one of the FAKE Microsoft support guys, but I didn't have the energy or setup to lead-him-on, so I merely said goodbye & put the phone down.

There was a woman on the news last night who ended up parting with something like £130,000, all started with a text from scammers pretending to be her bank. Shocking and sad in equal measures.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 8th June 2016, 8:38 PM BST

There was a woman on the news last night who ended up parting with something like £130,000, all started with a text from scammers pretending to be her bank. Shocking and sad in equal measures.

Yes, I saw that - they cleaned her and her husband's account out of not only about £8K but then managed to also action a bank loan of another £120K, which they also took AND to add insult to injury, once it had all cleared their account the man who conned them rang her up and told her that all her money and new debt was now abroad somewhere and she hadn't a hope in hell of retrieving anything - he finished the call of with "hysterical laughter".
Their bank would not play ball as she had actioned the loan, but as a bit of goodwill they compensated her to the tune of about £34K, leaving her and her husband with an extra £80 odd thousand to pay off on top of their mortgage.

As they said, their whole life had been destroyed financially and they will never recover from it.

I felt so sorry for them, but again I do not understand WHY people get themselves embroiled and so easily conned via an out of the blue text message.

LISTEN PEOPLE!! Banks etc WILL NEVER text or phone you unannounced- it is as simple as that!!!

I missed that one, but that's horrible. Doesn't matter how gullible anyone is, they don't deserve that. That's epic enough to make someone suicidal. Awful.

But I treat my phone like an intruder. I don't mean I answer it with a baseball bat in the other hand, but I treat the caller as someone invading my home uninvited until they prove otherwise, and my stock response is usually "how did you get this number?" (mainly to friends & family) and with certain cold callers I simply shout "STOP CALLING ME PLEASE THANKS VERY MUCH BYE!" (no punctuation).

Sounds rude, but the scammers currently calling me can be identified by a long crackly pause followed by a lot of shouting in foreign accent: "Hello - HELLO - I am calling to your PC problem". Would be very obvious to anyone, but I let them get past first base once just to see where they'd go with it and they did want personal info., so I simply told them to naff off cos I'm not stupid.

But they still call, because they are.

I was 50 the other day and my personal circumstances have allowed me to take early retirement. It feels rather weird at the moment.

Quote: Will Cam @ 9th June 2016, 12:25 PM BST

I was 50 the other day and my personal circumstances have allowed me to take early retirement. It feels rather weird at the moment.

To be uncharacteristically serious for a moment . . . I had to quit working to become a carer recently for my Father who later passed away, but since getting past a dark and challenging time in my life, am seizing the opportunity of the time I have been given now as a result to throw myself into a new project that could also keep me in hobnobs.

You have to do something you enjoy and play to your stengths, because you never know . . . a newly found hobby could not only be enormously gratifying and fulfilling, but actually pay the bills too. ;)

Sound advice indeed. My allotment at the moment is swallowing my time.

Quote: Will Cam @ 9th June 2016, 12:59 PM BST

Sound advice indeed. My allotment at the moment is swallowing my time.

There you are then . . . I would love to grow my own veg as a veggie myself, but as a townie could only dream of a window box. Eh?

I have a farmer's market round the corner - could you sell yours somewhere local?

Not really, I do it just for the fun of it.

Quote: Will Cam @ 9th June 2016, 1:10 PM BST

Not really, I do it just for the fun of it.

So that's the daytime . . . and you are already on a comedy forum, so why not write too if comedy is an interest?