Status report Page 5,449

It must be at least six hours long.

Quote: zooo @ 13th December 2013, 11:07 PM GMT

Is the robin on the very top?

At the very top is a star lit by electric light and just below it is an angel. The robin is perched naturally as if the tree was outdoors. There is also a jolly snowman and a drunk Father Christmas. The tinsel is draped in unusual and unexpected, swooping shapes to create the idea of splashes of paint rather than anything conventionally tidy. It is a big riot of colour and yet it maintains a certain kind of sense even in sobriety.

:)

It's quite impressive how far you've come, Tummble. I can only imagine how strong you've gotta be to get through what you've been through but you're handling it with so much more grace than most would. Keep it up fella :)

I have a bird perched on my tree too, I think it's a hummingbird.

What actually is Smaug in the Hobbit film? Benedict Cumberbatch is playing him but I don't know if he's just going to be the voice of a dragon or something...

Quote: zooo @ 13th December 2013, 11:17 PM GMT

I have a bird perched on my tree too, I think it's a hummingbird.

Hummingbirds are cool.

As long as it isn't a woodpecker!

No no, that would be disastrous.

Quote: Lee @ 13th December 2013, 11:14 PM GMT

It's quite impressive how far you've come, Tummble. I can only imagine how strong you've gotta be to get through what you've been through but you're handling it with so much more grace than most would. Keep it up fella :)

Cheers mate - that means a lot

Quote: Tuumble @ 13th December 2013, 11:44 PM GMT

Cheers mate - that means a lot

Yeah, nice one Mr T.

I've been divorced three times! One gets used to it !

:D

Quote: keewik @ 13th December 2013, 9:05 PM GMT

There was a bloody gigantic wasp in the front room. Maybe came off the Christmas tree. But it has now been washed down the toilet and so far hasn't come up to sting anybody's bum.

ooooh, If it was a really really big wasp, perhaps it was a queen looking for somewhere to hibernate for the winter, so you may not have killed just one wasp but a whole colony.. waspicide.

And what with the bees dying from insecticides, we might need the wasps to pollinate our food.

It might have been best to just release it outdoors.

~~~~

On the other hand it might have been a hornet..

Sick

Quote: KLRiley @ 13th December 2013, 11:11 PM GMT

Waiting for Number One son to return from the Hobbit DOS. He could be a while...

That is a rubbish excuse for a ten month absence.

Quote: Harridan @ 12th December 2013, 11:01 PM GMT

I probably will go on my own in the end, but it's less fun.

Definitely go if you've been looking forward to it. I go to comedy stuff on my own 99% of the time because I can never find anyone to come with me. Have fun every time, end up laughing along with everyone else and forgetting I'm their by myself.

Quote: billwill @ 13th December 2013, 11:53 PM GMT

ooooh, If it was a really really big wasp, perhaps it was a queen looking for somewhere to hibernate for the winter, so you may not have killed just one wasp but a whole colony.. waspicide.

And what with the bees dying from insecticides, we might need the wasps to pollinate our food.

It might have been best to just release it outdoors.

~~~~

On the other hand it might have been a hornet..

Sick

I'm sure it was a queen. I pursued it long enough with the spray and it just would not die. Don't like killing things but wasps are the enemy!

Quote: KLRiley @ 13th December 2013, 11:11 PM GMT

Waiting for Number One son to return from the Hobbit DOS. He could be a while...

Where have you been!!!! Good to see you back.

Quote: Tursiops @ 13th December 2013, 11:57 PM GMT

That is a rubbish excuse for a ten month absence.

It's a very long film.

Quote: keewik @ 14th December 2013, 12:41 AM GMT

Where have you been!!!! Good to see you back.

The spooks got me ;)

Sat in the barbers.

Ben's worry that visiting a new barbers would result in a bad haircut have been allayed.