Status report Page 5,448

Ben has just received a package from AlanC.

Bought my Christmas tree today and have already put the tinsel and lights on it.
The star and the baubles will have to be tomorrow but at least it's half dressed.

Ben went for a few drinks earlier, but is now back in bed and catching up on some vintage telly.

I've been looking forward to a Jeremy Hardy show tomorrow night for about 6 months, but the person I was supposed to go with has said she's not feeling great, and that she'll let me know tomorrow if she wants to come.

Going to comedy on your own is a bit depressing and I really don't think I'm going find anyone else to go with at such short notice. :(

How annoying of her!
Better to go alone than miss it though I think.

Surely one of the London BCGers can help Harridan out? I would, but I don't like there.

I went to see Jim Jefferies on my own a few years ago and it wasn't too depressing an experience.

I probably will go on my own in the end, but it's less fun.

Quote: Ben @ 12th December 2013, 10:52 PM GMT

Surely one of the London BCGers can help Harridan out? I would, but I don't like her.

harsh

:D

Ooops! Tursiops' naughty tinkering aside, I meant LIVE not LIKE!

There was a bloody gigantic wasp in the front room. Maybe came off the Christmas tree. But it has now been washed down the toilet and so far hasn't come up to sting anybody's bum.

The tree is completed and is in the style of Pollock.

As is the tradition here, the robin was the last to be positioned.

The first family birthday since I left the family home today. Bit weird not being there when Hollie (12) opened her presents but I went round this evening to give her gifts from me and Clare (the new lady).

Hols was having a ball - a sleepover with 5 friends. Took my son and daughter back to the flat and they are sleeping here for the first time. We watched a film and had pizza and had fun so it was cool.

Tomorrow the three of us will cook nibbles and make sarnies for Hollie's birthday party proper in the evening. I'm the DJ and I have a sound system and a disco ball - it will be awesome! :)

Will be interesting though as both Clare and my ex will be there. "Seconds out..."

Is the robin on the very top?

Quote: Tuumble @ 13th December 2013, 11:07 PM GMT

The first family birthday since I left the family home today. Bit weird not being there when Hollie (12) opened her presents but I went round this evening to give her gifts from me and Clare (the new lady).

Hols was having a ball - a sleepover with 5 friends. Took my son and daughter back to the flat and they are sleeping here for the first time. We watched a film and had pizza and had fun so it was cool.

Tomorrow the three of us will cook nibbles and make sarnies for Hollie's birthday party proper in the evening. I'm the DJ and I have a sound system and a disco ball - it will be awesome! :)

Will be interesting though as both Clare and my ex will be there. "Seconds out..."

Aw, that sounds fun!
Well, as long as there's no lady fisticuffs.

Waiting for Number One son to return from the Hobbit DOS. He could be a while...