Status report Page 5,399

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th November 2013, 7:00 PM GMT

Puff!

Well he's either a magic dragon or a poof :)

Quote: roscoff @ 12th November 2013, 7:13 PM GMT

Well he's either a magic dragon or a poof :)

Puff the magic dragon was first called Custard. In Nash's poem, he was a "realio, trulio little pet dragon."

Leonard Lipton changed Custard's name when he wrote the song at university. Newsweek immediately claimed that the lyric was about smoking marijuana.

Tune in next week folks for the story of Sparky the Magic Piano.

In the meantime, what the hell is that sheep guy wearing? He looks ridiculous! :)

Oi mate , ewe look a right fookin wazzock

Harridan is in a 'listening to depressing songs in French' kind of mood and doesn't know how that happened. She also has a partially dislocated hip, but when doesn't she? Ugh.

I'm trolling at the moment...but probably will watch a Cheers DVD later.

Whiskey in the jar it was lol

So are you psychic or just a big fan of my super band Folk That?

Congrats to AJGO on winning the caption competition, but what was the line?

Quote: Nil Putters @ 13th November 2013, 12:13 PM GMT

Also congrats to AJGO.

The line was: "Sootyj was surprised to find a chat-up line that worked"

Are we allowed to say which one were our favourites now then? AngieBaby's "After the first attempt at the Conga, they decided 'hands on shoulders' was better" was pretty good :D

Cheers.

But who is the mysterious benefactor?

An escaped prisoner that AJGO once helped along the way?

Where's catskillz when you need him?

I liked my late entry best.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 13th November 2013, 12:13 PM GMT

Ta. Surprised but chuffed! I put lines through the first lines I wrote, maybe it was awarded for postmodernist art.

Quote: sglen @ 13th November 2013, 12:16 PM GMT

Also congrats to AJGO.

The line was: "Sootyj was surprised to find a chat-up line that worked"

Are we allowed to say which one were our favourites now then? AngieBaby's "After the first attempt at the Conga, they decided 'hands on shoulders' was better" was pretty good :D

Thanks sglen.

Sootyj was my muse, I shall be painting him nude except for a necklace like off of Titanic for the next competition.

I also thought Angiebaby's caption was ace.

Quote: JohnnyD @ 13th November 2013, 12:42 PM GMT

But who is the mysterious benefactor?

An escaped prisoner that AJGO once helped along the way?

Aw, good old Clunky MacChains <3

Quote: Lee @ 13th November 2013, 1:24 PM GMT

Where's catskillz when you need him?

Yeah, where is catskillz? If the NSA is reading this maybe they could let us know he's okay.

Quote: Marc P @ 13th November 2013, 2:42 PM GMT

I liked my late entry best.

Fnar

I'm in the good books with my lady friend today. :)

Last night I was round at her place but couldn't stay as I had some work I needed to do back at the flat. At about 10:30pm she remembered that she had forgotten to get some ingredients for her son's cookery lesson today. As she'd had a couple of glasses of wine by then she couldn't go out and get them so expected trouble when her son got up in the morning.

Now that I've moved out the family home I'm now living just over a mile away from hers. Some of you may know that I can't drive for medical reasons so when walking home last night I picked up the ingredients myself. Then, this morning, I walked back to hers with the stuff as a surprise.

There is a bus service but at that time of day it's unhelpful at best. However I thought I could swing it so I could catch one on the way back. A slight miscalculation though meant that there was no 8:05 (only a 7:05) so I had to walk all the way back anyway. All in all I did about 3 miles.

No matter, mother and son are both happy and I'm clearly up for Man of the Year. ;)