Status report Page 4,754

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 10 2012, 3:18 PM BST

Yes, that's a real bitch of a thing- my ex's mother was coeliac and she had a rotten time of it. If anyone replies telling me they have a wheat intolerance though I'm going to make them get a medical allergy test, otherwise they've got to stop being douches.

If anyone is coeliac I guarantee they will appreciate it if you can organise a meal for them, anything that isn't salad is great but if you can organise almost the same as what everyone else will be eating even better. As Booo said fish and chips from a take away style is so rare if you are a Coeliac.

Wish my Saturday night was going better. Watching Mr Bean and eating oven chips for dinner because I remembered when I opened the freezer to retrive a pie that I ate it a few weeks ago.

Most exciting bit of the night is I have cider and clean sheets and pjs. So rock 'N' roll me.

Quote: reds @ August 11 2012, 12:37 PM BST

If anyone is coeliac I guarantee they will appreciate it if you can organise a meal for them, anything that isn't salad is great but if you can organise almost the same as what everyone else will be eating even better. As Booo said fish and chips from a take away style is so rare if you are a Coeliac.

Wish my Saturday night was going better. Watching Mr Bean and eating oven chips for dinner because I remembered when I opened the freezer to retrive a pie that I ate it a few weeks ago.

Most exciting bit of the night is I have cider and clean sheets and pjs. So rock 'N' roll me.

My mate told me last night that her hubby (a coeliac) tried some food he thought might not agree with him and was in a terrible state all night. They can't eat out or have take-aways and she has to cook everything from scratch. It really is a pain. They actually get certain items of food on prescription! Even then, though, it means he has to sit at the table and eat something different from everyone else. Mind you, at least there are some decent foodstuffs creeping into the shops now.

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 12:56 PM BST

My mate told me last night that her hubby (a coeliac) tried some food he thought might not agree with him and was in a terrible state all night. They can't eat out or have take-aways and she has to cook everything from scratch. It really is a pain. They actually get certain items of food on prescription! Even then, though, it means he has to sit at the table and eat something different from everyone else. Mind you, at least there are some decent foodstuffs creeping into the shops now.

Yea. I'm lucky that I'm not that sensitive but it still doesn't mean that I can eat what ever I want, only that if I am unlucky enough to have something I shouldn't it doesn't make ill in the immediate future

We don't have the prescription system here in Australia, I wish we did as I beleive it makes some of the food a bit cheaper. I have to pay $5.60 which is about 3.70 pounds for a cheap loaf of gf bread.

I think that restaurants here in Aus cater better for Coeliacs than the UK but the variety in supermarkets is much better UK supermarkets.

Quote: reds @ August 11 2012, 1:27 PM BST

We don't have the prescription system here in Australia, I wish we did as I beleive it makes some of the food a bit cheaper. I have to pay $5.60 which is about 3.70 pounds for a cheap loaf of gf bread.

I think they pay a yearly fee for prescriptions and that's a standard rate. Little more than £100, I think for any amount of prescriptions.

I've been procrastinating all day...I should be organising my packing but I've achieved absolutely nothing so far!

Upset. Last night's drinking (ginger beer) caused an allergic reaction. I dint always get it but last night's was quite itchy.

I have several raised areas on my skin, namely some tattoo areas. This is a natural reaction and I'm used to it but still itchy. I've used bepanthene cream which is for happy rash but it's what tattooists recommend for healing freshly winked skin.

I'm having a fruit pastime ice lolly to make me feel better.

Quote: Booo @ August 11 2012, 3:33 PM BST

Upset. Last night's drinking (ginger beer) caused an allergic reaction. I dint always get it but last night's was quite itchy.

I have several raised areas on my skin, namely some tattoo areas. This is a natural reaction and I'm used to it but still itchy. I've used bepanthene cream which is for happy rash but it's what tattooists recommend for healing freshly winked skin.

I'm having a fruit pastime ice lolly to make me feel better.

why don't you take an anti-histamine?

What did you mean to write when your spellcheck decided to write freshly winked?

'freshly inked', I'm guessing.

Ohh, duh. Of course.
Winked sounds quite fun.

Bloody hell! :D

I can't be arsed to correct it all but it's fruit pastille and freshly inked (although winked sounds much better).

Thanks Harridan, I have now (had not thought of that).

I quite like happy rash too. :D

I'm really in the mood to watch Bill & Ted. Why is that film always on when I don't want to watch it?

Love the one with Big Jim Martin, think it's the second one.

Quote: Lee @ August 11 2012, 5:24 PM BST

I'm really in the mood to watch Bill & Ted. Why is that film always on when I don't want to watch it?

You have to! The robot 'us's and Station. Great films.

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 12:20 PM BST

I also wear flip-flops and, when I go into supermarkets, I go straight to a freezer and leave them in there until I've finished shopping.

Think I might avoid any supermarket I found stocking used shoes in their freezers! Sick