Status report Page 4,753

Quote: Harridan @ August 11 2012, 10:34 AM BST

PCOS...and all that jazz!

This is good

http://www.magicool.uk.com/home.html

Quote: Loopey @ August 11 2012, 10:39 AM BST

This is good

Laughing out loud That picture is hilarious!

I'll check it out, thanks.

Aren't you supposed to drink hot beverages to make your body cool down in an effort to normalize your temperature. It seems unnatural to do this, but it usually works for me.

My ma-in-law bought me one of these...not this exact one, but they are sold everywhere now. They really work and use Sooty's idea of cooling the neck etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MENO-COOL-SCARF-REUSABLE-MENOPAUSE/dp/B008EH60FK/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344678361&sr=8-1-fkmr2

Quote: Loopey @ August 11 2012, 10:39 AM BST

This is good

I tried that...it didn't work for me...did it work for you? I also tried that instant oxygen in a can (not for being too hot, just 'cos I was curious to see what it was like)...that didn't work either...and I felt a prat using it.

There's something screwy going on with TFL today - there are no line or station closures this weekend, but for a trip that should just be 1 tube and 1 DLR it is telling me to take a train, 3 tubes and a boat!

I wish they'd make the money supermarket 80s detective show into a series that would be aces.

Just saw a chicken cottage franchise advert, it was strangely depressing.

I really need to get up.

Chip's just been to have his hair cut and the hairdresser insisted on talking to him about that dead schoolgirl and how loud hairdriers are. He would glady pay extra for a no-talking clause.

I had a lovely silent hairdresser. But she gave up work and had a baby. :(

Selfish.

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2012, 11:22 AM BST

silent hairdresser.

I'd watch that.

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 10:47 AM BST

Aren't you supposed to drink hot beverages to make your body cool down in an effort to normalize your temperature. It seems unnatural to do this, but it usually works for me.

My ma-in-law bought me one of these...not this exact one, but they are sold everywhere now. They really work and use Sooty's idea of cooling the neck etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MENO-COOL-SCARF-REUSABLE-MENOPAUSE/dp/B008EH60FK/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344678361&sr=8-1-fkmr2

I tried that...it didn't work for me...did it work for you? I also tried that instant oxygen in a can (not for being too hot, just 'cos I was curious to see what it was like)...that didn't work either...and I felt a prat using it.

Works for me. Meds give me hot flushes so usually got some with me. I also have an old fashioned paper fan which is very effective but requires more effort.

Don't care what I look like, get stared at all the time anyway. A red sweaty face seems to draw just as much attention.

That reminds me, I had another pat on the shoulder and a sympathetic nod when I came out of a public loo yesterday. Angry

Quote: chipolata @ August 11 2012, 11:21 AM BST

Chip's just been to have his hair cut and the hairdresser insisted on talking to him about that dead schoolgirl and how loud hairdriers are. He would glady pay extra for a no-talking clause.

Wear earplugs and pretend you have lost your voice.
:)

What dead schoolgirl? :O

Quote: Loopey @ August 11 2012, 12:09 PM BST

Works for me. Meds give me hot flushes so usually got some with me. I also have an old fashioned paper fan which is very effective but requires more effort.

Don't care what I look like, get stared at all the time anyway. A red sweaty face seems to draw just as much attention.

That reminds me, I had another pat on the shoulder and a sympathetic nod when I came out of a public loo yesterday. Angry

Yeah I fan myself with anything that's in front of me. I don't let waiters take menus away and I take any leaflet going that's handed out in the street. Actually, those little mini fans are okay...and cheap (if you don't count the batteries), but for a specific trip you know's going to be hot...it's worth the money. I also wear flip-flops and, when I go into supermarkets, I go straight to a freezer and leave them in there until I've finished shopping.

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 12:20 PM BST

. I also wear flip-flops and, when I go into supermarkets, I go straight to a freezer and leave them in there until I've finished shopping.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

That has tickled me and I haven't had a drink yet.

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 12:20 PM BST

Yeah I fan myself with anything that's in front of me. I don't let waiters take menus away and I take any leaflet going that's handed out in the street. Actually, those little mini fans are okay...and cheap (if you don't count the batteries), but for a specific trip you know's going to be hot...it's worth the money. I also wear flip-flops and, when I go into supermarkets, I go straight to a freezer and leave them in there until I've finished shopping.

I fell into the freezer at Tesco once. Don't recommend it, too cold.

Quote: Loopey @ August 11 2012, 12:33 PM BST

I fell into the freezer at Tesco once. Don't recommend it, too cold.

Trying to steal my flip-flips no doubt!!

I quite fancy a fall into a freezer at the moment. As long as the lid doesn't close.