Status report Page 4,667

I'm feeling all small and stupid because my boss (who is getting on my tits lately) asked me about my holiday plans (I'm going to Wales and York to look at castles and cathedrals etc) and he smirked at my nerdiness Huh? I like looking at mediaeval stuff Teary It makes me happy :(

Quote: Harridan @ July 18 2012, 8:56 PM BST

I'm feeling all small and stupid because my boss (who is getting on my tits lately) asked me about my holiday plans (I'm going to Wales and York to look at castles and cathedrals etc) and he smirked at my nerdiness Huh? I like looking at mediaeval stuff Teary It makes me happy :(

Any saft twat can lie on a beach. It takes a special sort of saft twat to marvel at York Minster or Caernarfon Castle and stand there just thinking 'how did they do that?'

In short, totally with you Ode Pal.

Totes.

I have looked at castles in Wales and York Cathedral (the crypt is amazing). I am off to Rome in October spending thevwhole time looking at old buildings. Your boss is obviously a twat. You, on the other hand, are not.

You are not weird.

I love looking at old castles and buildings and imagining them as they were when fully functional. It is truly fascinating.

Quote: Will Cam @ July 18 2012, 9:05 PM BST

I am off to Rome in October spending thevwhole time looking at old buildings

Don't know if you've been before Will Cam, but if not this is well worth a visit just for curiosities sake !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlK0frpbh5s&feature=related

Hard to find and sometimes even the locals don't know where it is so take directions with you.

Is going to roll into bed in a bit and flick through the endless wonder of Freeview.

Was in St Petersburg a week ago, now the Russians knew how to build an impressive building.

Ditto. Maybe I'm a sad person but I love the Yorvik Centre. I could sit there whizzing round it all day.

And if I hear one more numpty using the word 'staycation' as if it's inferior to holiday in Britain, I'll throttle them with my bare hands (and feet, just to be certain). Angry

Should be called a stoliday anyway.

Quote: keewik @ July 18 2012, 9:52 PM BST

Ditto. Maybe I'm a sad person but I love the Yorvik Centre.

:D Spent all my school trips up there.

If you're going to York, make sure you check out the steam railway museum. And, yes, I'm being serious.

Quote: Ben @ July 18 2012, 10:05 PM BST

If you're going to York, make sure you check out the steam railway museum. And, yes, I'm being serious.

^ this

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 18 2012, 9:21 PM BST

Don't know if you've been before Will Cam, but if not this is well worth a visit just for curiosities sake !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlK0frpbh5s&feature=related

Hard to find and sometimes even the locals don't know where it is so take directions with you.

That looks freakin fantastic Oldrocker

Quote: keewik @ July 18 2012, 9:52 PM BST

Ditto. Maybe I'm a sad person but I love the Yorvik Centre. I could sit there whizzing round it all day.

I was actually disappointed when I visited the Yorvik Centre.

To sound abit like RCP for a mo. Women eh?

I don't mind my boss; cutting off sky unanounced, turning up at my door on a sunday morning unannounced and making me work 12 hours days.

But he takes one smirk at my holiday plans. And I'm all general strike, bring on the Jarrow marchers.

I have revelled in being mocked either for not taking holidays or having holiday plans for years.
3 best things about being a bloke; being smelly, pissing standing up, not caring what other people think.