Status report Page 2,622

You should hire that Kevin bloke who's always on telly, as a personal trainer.

Quote: zooo @ August 26 2010, 5:28 PM BST

You should hire that Kevin bloke who's always on telly, as a personal trainer.

Too expensive.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 26 2010, 5:28 PM BST

Yep I am indeed. Nearly ate a sausage last night but remembered in time.

I'm actually going to continue being a vegetarian and eat meet only if I have to (i.e. to not be awkward at social occasions).

I think I started off like that. I wouldn't 'choose' to eat meat, but would take it if offered. Then decided to stop doing that. Then after a while of not eating at all, I lost the appetite for meat completely (almost).

One of the last meat dishes I ate, was one of the first time I met my gf's parents and I ordered a dish not realising it had mince in and just ate it out of politeness.

Quote: Leevil @ August 26 2010, 5:32 PM BST

Then after a while of not eating at all, I lost the appetite for meat completely (almost).

You still love the cock though yeah?

Like you wouldn't f**king believe!

Quote: Leevil @ August 26 2010, 5:32 PM BST

I think I started off like that. I wouldn't 'choose' to eat meat, but would take it if offered. Then decided to stop doing that. Then after a while of not eating at all, I lost the appetite for meat completely (almost).

How long have you been veggie for now?

Quote: Leevil @ August 26 2010, 5:37 PM BST

Like you wouldn't f**king believe!

Then pop down soon. :D

Quote: EllieJP @ August 26 2010, 5:38 PM BST

How long have you been veggie for now?

About two/two n half years?

Sausages were my weakness, oh and fish and sometimes chicken. Pleased

Quote: Leevil @ August 26 2010, 5:42 PM BST

About two/two n half years?

Sausages were my weakness, oh and fish and sometimes chicken. Pleased

I'm taking vitamins to help but it sounds funny but my hair isn't as shiny - like it NEEDS omega.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 26 2010, 5:45 PM BST

I'm taking vitamins to help but it sounds funny but my hair isn't as shiny - like it NEEDS omega.

Stop being a tart and eat a big slab of meat then!!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 26 2010, 5:47 PM BST

Stop being a tart and eat a big slab of meat then!!!

Your meat?

Quote: EllieJP @ August 26 2010, 5:49 PM BST

Your meat?

There's barely a starter there.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 26 2010, 5:49 PM BST

There's barely a starter there.

:D

Quote: EllieJP @ August 26 2010, 5:45 PM BST

If you're being a veggie purely for healthy reasons. They I'd just eat the fish oils. They are ways and means of acquiring vitamins and proteins without it, but it doesn't seem like an easy option for you. Instead of putting pressure on yourself to be vegetarian, which when you start getting clued up on what is and isn't a veggie product can take a lot of effort and be annoying to find alternatives if you're not really into cooking or don't have the time but want to eat healthy. Then I'd suggest to cut down meat, and/or cut down mainly on red meat. And still enjoy your chicken and fish.

I found it a hell of a lot easier because I live with a vegan who can cook vegan/veggie food and is so f**king clued up about it all, I don't have to do much research myself.

If you really want to stop eating meat, try associating it with the process of it's manufacture. Watch all the animal-cruelty videos and read about what goes on. It will put you off or at least make you think twice.

Thanks Leevil. :)