Status report Page 2,623

Robyn doesn't really know what to do with herself.

Quote: Leevil @ August 26 2010, 5:57 PM BST

If you're being a veggie purely for healthy reasons. They I'd just eat the fish oils. They are ways and means of acquiring vitamins and proteins without it, but it doesn't seem like an easy option for you. Instead of putting pressure on yourself to be vegetarian, which when you start getting clued up on what is and isn't a veggie product can take a lot of effort and be annoying to find alternatives if you're not really into cooking or don't have the time but want to eat healthy. Then I'd suggest to cut down meat, and/or cut down mainly on red meat. And still enjoy your chicken and fish.

I found it a hell of a lot easier because I live with a vegan who can cook vegan/veggie food and is so f**king clued up about it all, I don't have to do much research myself.

If you really want to stop eating meat, try associating it with the process of it's manufacture. Watch all the animal-cruelty videos and read about what goes on. It will put you off or at least make you think twice.

Or, stop rebelling against the diet that evolution has decided is best for us.

Has exactly 24 hours until the gig starts !

Just realised my interview with Radio Shropshire was broadcast today and I didn't know.

Oops!
Is it available anywhere for listen again?

Quote: Ben @ August 26 2010, 7:25 PM BST

Or, stop rebelling against the diet that evolution has decided is best for us.

"Evolution" didn't decide that, nature did.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 26 2010, 8:27 PM BST

Has exactly 24 hours until the gig starts !

That's come around quick!

Remember, relax, enjoy & take your time.

Also just think.
How cool is it going to be when you're up there getting laughs from an audience at things you have written.
Which up to now are just on bit's of paper & running round your head.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 26 2010, 9:09 PM BST

That's come around quick!

Remember, relax, enjoy & take your time.

Also just think.
How cool is it going to be when you're up there getting laughs from an audience at things you have written.
Which up to now are just on bit's of paper & running round your head.

Yep, I'm super excited. I hope it goes well :)

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 26 2010, 9:32 PM BST

Yep, I'm super excited. I hope it goes well :)

It will, the buzz is like nothing it's why I love it (though not done a gig for ages, am so slack at doing all the contacting and networking stuff). Just discovered our very own Tony Cowards is on at my local venue on Sunday, will have to see if I can get the promoter Dan to give me a 5 minutes slot, if not I can at least buy him a pint :) ).

My first (and possibly one of my best) gigs

You'll storm it I'm sure.

Quote: Leevil @ August 26 2010, 9:09 PM BST

"Evolution" didn't decide that, nature did.

Didn't we evolve from plant eaters to meat eaters? That's why the appendix withered away and is now only good for suddenly exploding?

So I heard.
That's what made the brain get all big and that.

Good luck, Nat! I'm sure you'll be great!

I've just switched from Channel 4HD to normal Channel 4.
As I'm not keen on seeing John Mckirricks Shitey Whitey pants in High definition.

I remember seeing Ian Botham in HD once and almost screamed.

Also, is it just me or does HD look sharper than real life?

Robyn is reading American Elf. It's going to take a while to catch up!