Status report Page 2,615

Theres a book called the Hero's Journey which is supposed to be good too.
How long is your book going to be?

Not very long. 70/80,000.

Get on with then lol :)

Just looked up The Hero's Journey. Looks interesting, and there's 12 steps, like alcoholism. Fun!

Quote: Marc P @ August 25 2010, 12:52 PM BST

Get on with then lol :)

:D

The other thing I do is write stuff out of sequence, it's a bit dull sometimes writing whatever is supposed to happen next. Jump around a bit. Also I don't number chapters until the end so you can mix them around a bit if you want to. Working like that if you want to write a thousand words a day, say, you can. If you're stuck on a bit leave it and come back to it.

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2010, 12:35 PM BST

Hmm, kind of.
That is probably it. The ending's a bit... wobbly. It would help to have something concrete to work towards.

Maybe it could descend for no reason into a Leper Fight*?

*TM Chipolata Publishing.

Quote: Marc P @ August 25 2010, 12:54 PM BST

The other thing I do is write stuff out of sequence, it's a bit dull sometimes writing whatever is supposed to happen next. Jump around a bit.

I do that a lot with scripts.

Quote: Marc P @ August 25 2010, 12:54 PM BST

Also I don't number chapters until the end so you can mix them around a bit if you want to.

Ooh, that's a new one. Might try that.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 25 2010, 12:56 PM BST

I do that a lot with scripts.

Are you holding them at the time? Are they RTD's?

Toast and humous is great. I want more. I might get more. Or eat some nuts and berries.

I had sweet chilli hummus yesterday. It was fantastic.

NOM. I have humous and sweet chilli.. I'm guessing I couldn't just mix the two.... Oooh I've got some lovely jalepeno tabasco which would be awesome in humous. *drool*

Just looked hummus up on wiki, because there are so many spellings of it- we're both right, incidentally, but I giggled because of the the other translations is 'homos' *tee hee*

Shreddies, grapefruit and enui.

A typical Sootyj lunch.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 25 2010, 1:06 PM BST

Just looked hummus up on wiki, because there are so many spellings of it- we're both right, incidentally, but I giggled because of the the other translations is 'homos' *tee hee*

I haven't eaten any of those.

You've never had shreddies or grapefruit?

They're ace!

Quote: sootyj @ August 25 2010, 1:11 PM BST

You've never had shreddies or grapefruit?

They're ace!

I edited! You were too speedy.

I have eaten them both. :) But not together. :/