Status report Page 2,614

Quote: Carlin Corbyn @ August 25 2010, 11:03 AM BST

Gav, ditto what Ellie said. Console

Loopey, Andie & Charley will be thinking of you all x loads & loads and I really hope things go as well as they can for you allHug

Thanks, and good luck Charley from me too. Gav, if it is conjuntivitis everyone else is right - it is VERY CONTAGIOUS. I got it from the eye clinic, we disinfected everything we could at home, had separate/fresh towels etc and still 3 out of 5 of us got it. On my next trip to the eye clinic more than half the people in the waiting room had it. :O

My son's op went ok thanks. He is home. A bit wobbly, sore and sick but not too bad. He had a temporary plastic tube put in between kidney and bladder. He will have a scan in a couple of weeks to see if the kidney has drained. The result of that scan will dictate what further action is required. Not good timing as he starts uni on 20th Sept. Teary

Quote: Loopey @ August 25 2010, 11:55 AM BST

Thanks, and good luck Charley from me too. Gav, if it is conjuntivitis everyone else is right - it is VERY CONTAGIOUS. I got it from the eye clinic, we disinfected everything we could at home, had separate/fresh towels etc and still 3 out of 5 of us got it. On my next trip to the eye clinic more than half the people in the waiting room had it. :O

I'm not sure it is, it's just completely red not gunk or ought from it just looks massively bloodshot. Like I've got rage. I'll get it looked at.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 25 2010, 11:24 AM BST

:O You've seen it?! Well now I am somehow less excited. Eh?

Well thank you very much!

Quote: Loopey @ August 25 2010, 11:55 AM BST

My son's op went ok thanks.

Glad to hear that :)

Quote: David Bussell @ August 25 2010, 11:59 AM BST

Well thank you very much!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Bussell the buzz kill ;)

Quote: Gavin @ August 25 2010, 11:59 AM BST

I'm not sure it is, it's just completely red not gunk or ought from it just looks massively bloodshot. Like I've got rage. I'll get it looked at.

Hmmm, well meanwhile, you could try bathing it regularly - boil some water, dissolve a pinch of salt in it, let it cool then soak some cotton wool in it and squeeze into your eye. Don't put same cotton wool back into water. Or you could do this Pirate

Well I just pushed send on my latest bit of scribbling. Always a nice moment until you start worrying about how it is going to be recieved. :)

Quote: Marc P @ August 25 2010, 12:09 PM BST

Well I just pushed send on my latest bit of scribbling. Always a nice moment until you start worrying about how it is going to be recieved. :)

You still sending Pixie Lott those drawings of your junk?

Quote: Marc P @ August 25 2010, 12:09 PM BST

A novel? How long did this one take you to write?

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2010, 12:12 PM BST

A novel? How long did this one take you to write?

Not as long as I would have liked. Say 4 months.

Quote: David Bussell @ August 25 2010, 12:11 PM BST

You still sending Pixie Lott those drawings of your junk?

Pixie Lott, is rather cute.

Quote: Marc P @ August 25 2010, 12:14 PM BST

Not as long as I would have liked. Say 4 months.

*does impressed face*

Can you please wave your magic hand over me and make me finish this f*ck@#g book that's taking me forever?
Thanks.

(I have written them more quickly before, but this one hates me.)

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2010, 12:28 PM BST

*does impressed face*

Can you please wave your magic hand over me and make me finish this f*ck@#g book that's taking me forever?
Thanks.

(I have written them more quickly before, but this one hates me.)

Lol. Deadlines help :(

Have you done an outline do you know the ending?

Hmm, kind of.
That is probably it. The ending's a bit... wobbly. It would help to have something concrete to work towards.

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2010, 12:35 PM BST

Hmm, kind of.
That is probably it. It's a bit... wobbly. It would help to have something concrete to work towards.

I would try and combine it with anothe genre, maybe that's just me, but if you impose a framework of narrative over the emotional journey story that you are telling then it gives you peg points and sometimes twists and turns and revelations that come to you as you write.

Ooh. Shall have a think about that.
I've been reading that Seven Basic Plots book, and seeing how much my story has in common with a classic quest story.