Most Punchable Comedy Stars? Page 7

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 24, 2007, 5:32 PM

I don't want my hair re-styled in the middle of the night

They do call me the midnight barber. I never really watched R and H, but agree that some of bobs acting is a little suspect.

Shall we say a cuff round the ear?

Russull Brand. If you call his stuff "comedy".

First time I agree with you Dave, although he could maybe work as Flash harry in St Trinians because his accent is so affected.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 25, 2007, 7:59 PM

First time I agree with you Dave, although he could maybe work as Flash harry in St Trinians because his accent is so affected.

We agree that David is a pretty nice name though, don't we?! :D

And I'm pleasantly surprised they're making another St Trinians film. Alastair Simm was a great actor. Laughter in Paradise was my favourite film with him in. With Geroge Cole in, who he mentored/adopted.

I wonder when the new Carry On is goin' to come out too.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 24, 2007, 8:06 PM

Robin Williams was great in Mork & Mindy and I always fancied Pam Dawber.

Na-Nu Na-Nu!

Quote: Dave @ May 25, 2007, 10:08 PM

And I'm pleasantly surprised they're making another St Trinians film. Alastair Simm was a great actor. Laughter in Paradise was my favourite film with him in. With Geroge Cole in, who he mentored/adopted.

I wonder when the new Carry On is goin' to come out too.

Isn't the new ST just a remake of one of the originals?

As for COL, f**k knows. Last I heard they had "re-announced" its production. The Website (www.carryonlondonfilm.com) has very little info either. I would have expected to have heard about the location filming on BBC London News (which I watch religiously), but never saw anything.

Carry on London? They're doing it again are they?

They did a stage show called Carry On London back in... I dunno, I'm too lazy to look, but 1964 springs to mind. This new film (same name, but that's all) has been on the proverbial cards for a good few years now.

Ken Dodd? I find him terribly annoying.

Carry On London is being written by Paul Minnet and Brian Levison, who wrote The Piglet Files, The Booze Cruise and a few of the recent episodes of My Family.

Let's hope it's better than Columbus.

It can't be worse ... can it?

It'd be quite an achievement.

I've tolerated him for a while now, but his latest antics at the Glamour awards with Lily Allen put James Corden right at the top of my list of comedy stars I'd like to punch. Not least because I still think Ruth Jones is the talent in that particular partnership.

Quote: Griff @ June 5 2008, 2:02 PM BST

Would it be wrong to punch an old man like Jim Bowen ? He's had it coming for a long time.

You could bitch-slap him.

Robin Williams And Jim Carrey, are off the scale for punchability. And I particularly hate them for starring in The Fisher King and The Truman Show respectively and not ruining them as much as I anticipated.

Russell Brand should really be in the one trick pony thread. His mate of the Mighty Boosh who does the end of year quiz thing with him is probably more intrinsically punchable.

Dawn French is the ladies champ.

And I am probably a lone voice here, but Eddie Izzard could do with a good slap.