Most Punchable Comedy Stars? Page 6

Quote: theox1971 @ May 21, 2007, 6:37 PM

James Dreyfus in The Thin Blue Line.
He does my head in!!

BLASPHEMY!

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ May 23, 2007, 10:38 AM

Mr Taxi - Not Bob mortimer, he's a f**king legend.

No sir, no. Not Bob. No.

Ginge, you must be coco loco if you can't see that Mortimer's an air stealer.

Have you seen his straight acting in Randal & Hopkirk Deceased? That show could've been a real winner if they hadn't had to find a job for mortimer. He can't act at all. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke but he's just Vic's mate. He's like Patrick McGuiness with GCSEs.

You must be joking. Most of the time Bob Mortimer steals the show - in a good way.

You look at the stuff just credited to Vic Reeves and wonder why Bob wasn't credted.

Randall & Hopkirk was totally different because it was a scripted comedy drama. You probably don't know the original R & H do you.

I used to quite fancy the one who wore the white suit & hung around his grave stone.

Vic Reeves or the original one?

The original one.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 23, 2007, 4:17 PM

Ginge, you must be coco loco if you can't see that Mortimer's an air stealer.

Mr Taxis, I think it is you who has been sipping on the rancid coconut juice to form such an opinion. Forget R and H what about Big Night Out, The Smell, Shooting Stars?

What type of world would we live in if there was no Graham Lister or the Man With The Stick!?

"This years works holiday, was 2 weeks away Greece, it was all arrange by Terry who gets flights cheap..."

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 23, 2007, 4:17 PM

He's like Patrick McGuiness with GCSEs.

Bob Mortimer should punch you for making that comment

:D

If I may be serious for a moment. Although Bob wasn't part of "Vic Reeves" right from the off, he was there very early on, doing the circuit, that type of thing, and contributed a lot to the writing etc. It wasn't like he jumped on board when it got to TV.

I don't want my hair re-styled in the middle of the night so I take back some of what I said about Mortimer. He has made me laugh and it's R & H I didn't really like him in, mainly because he's not a good actor.

Plenty of comedians can't act though, so I suppose i shouldn't really hold that against him.

Just a bitch slapping then and not a punch.

I've never got bloody Robin Williams

Specially if he's on a chat show. I could scream as he hides whatever personailty he has with what he imagines to be zany behaviour. The sycophantic fawning from whoever is the host is just as annoying too.

Proof if proof were needed that you can indeed fool some of the people....

Lol make a good joke about him on Peep Show, can't remember what it is though, quick Lee improvise, Look everyone a Fish, "Hello I'm Ronald Regan" - Genius.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ May 24, 2007, 5:47 PM

I've never got bloody Robin Williams

Specially if he's on a chat show. I could scream as he hides whatever personailty he has with what he imagines to be zany behaviour. The sycophantic fawning from whoever is the host is just as annoying too.

Proof if proof were needed that you can indeed fool some of the people....

I agree with you there, I like him when he not trying to be funny.

When he playing a straight role he a top actor when being zany he’s very punch-able.

Yes I agree Barry he should knock comedy on the head, mind it only gets him zillions and zillions of dolllars so maybe he might disagree with us.

Deffo better on straight roles

Robin Williams was great in Mork & Mindy and I always fancied Pam Dawber.

Because the whole idea was OTT I think it worked well. Really that is what Yanks do well - OTT gross out stuff. (Soap, South Park, Airplane films etc)

PS - Kenneth Cope was the original Marty Hopkirk.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 24, 2007, 8:06 PM

Robin Williams was great in Mork & Mindy and I always fancied Pam Dawber.

Because the whole idea was OTT I think it worked well. Really that is what Yanks do well - OTT gross out stuff. (Soap, South Park, Airplane films etc)

PS - Kenneth Cope was the original Marty Hopkirk.

Sorry David, you asked me a question. I wasn't being rude. I do remember the original R & H, though I personally preferred Man in a Suitcase or The Baron.