Top Three Over-rated US Sitcoms Page 9

For the people putting Seinfeld in their overrated lists I just feel...sorry for you. Calling it the best sitcom ever made is probably still underrating it, it is that good.

It wouldn't be so bad if you backed it up with a worthy competitor, but then stuff like Mad About You and Becker is been praised.

Ah it's good to be back. :D

Quote: Winterlight @ September 12 2008, 10:15 PM BST

They should have come out on top! It would have made a fine happy ending, but then they did those awful Xmas specials which tarnished the series.

Agreed. The whole rasion d'etre of the series is summed-up by the recurring line "This time next year we'll be millionairres", so to end a much-loved and warm-spirited comedy without them reaching their goal would have been a disservice to the audience. (Keeping them poor & struggling might be artistically reasonable, but not ethically reasonable.)

It was unfortunate that it wasn't done and dusted there. I wonder it John Sullivan regrets writing those last couple of scripts? Suspect he might.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ September 16 2008, 7:58 PM BST

For the people putting Seinfeld in their overrated lists I just feel...sorry for you. Calling it the best sitcom ever made is probably still underrating it, it is that good.

It wouldn't be so bad if you backed it up with a worthy competitor, but then stuff like Mad About You and Becker is been praised.

Ah it's good to be back. :D

I still think Seinfeld is among the best sitcoms ever made. But no matter, my over rated. :)

Quote: Martin Holmes @ September 16 2008, 7:58 PM BST

Calling it probably better than it can possibly be means you are also overrating it. So you feel sorry for yourself.

:S

I knew I should have thrown out that damn book on logic.