Top Three Over-rated US Sitcoms Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ September 10 2008, 8:01 PM BST

They've just released season one on DVD. It's brill.

And again, another mention for Becker as an ace sitcom. *points upwards*

It is pretty good, though I preferred it with the original woman, the dark haired one. Danson is really good in it. Did it run for three series?

Quote: Aaron @ September 10 2008, 7:54 PM BST

I can offer a Nesquik strawberry milkshake?

I will take it.
:)

Quote: Aaron @ September 10 2008, 7:17 PM BST

Spaced is possibly THE most overrated sitcom of all time, of any country.

you monster.

Me, Stotts and Mozzie are going to beat you lot of losers right up.

Quote: zooo @ September 10 2008, 8:14 PM BST

Me, Stotts and Mozzie are going to beat you lot of losers right up.

Yeah, in the words of Pegg-Come get some.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 10 2008, 8:07 PM BST

It is pretty good, though I preferred it with the original woman, the dark haired one. Danson is really good in it. Did it run for three series?

It got shit when she left. And five, IIRC.

Quote: Griff @ September 10 2008, 8:21 PM BST

In the words of, er, Kirsten Dunst - Bring It On.

Laughing out loud

Spookily, the same is true for Cheers.

(Dark haired woman wise)

Ooooo! Look at you with your wise observations!

Hmmm - didn't the "dark-haired woman" JOIN Cheers for later series after Diane left? So it can't have improved after the dark-haired woman left?

BTW I agree with Aaron that Seinfeld and Spaced are among the most over-rated sitcoms. Sorry for going off topic with a Britcom.

Used to love MASH - probably won't ever see this kind of humour on British TV - writers are now told that sitcoms must be about the characters and plot narrative not JOKES or GAGS. MASH had great characters and lots of wisecracking from Alan Alda and the other one.

Quote: the heretic @ September 11 2008, 9:24 AM BST

Used to love MASH - probably won't ever see this kind of humour on British TV - writers are now told that sitcoms must be about the characters and plot narrative not JOKES or GAGS. MASH had great characters and lots of wisecracking from Alan Alda and the other one.

Not Going Out?

Quote: Badge @ September 11 2008, 1:59 AM BST

Hmmm - didn't the "dark-haired woman" JOIN Cheers for later series after Diane left? So it can't have improved after the dark-haired woman left?

If we're talking Kirstie Alley, then well remembered. I was thinking that she'd been in it at the beginning, left, and then returned again towards the end.

No one is defending Arrested Development, so I will!

It's f**king brilliant, so :P

Quote: Leevil @ September 11 2008, 2:45 PM BST

No one is defending Arrested Development, so I will!

It's f**king brilliant, so :P

Agreed.

Quote: Curt @ September 11 2008, 2:50 PM BST

Agreed.

Yep.

well, I did put Arrested Development in my top 5 list ;)

I can't believe no-one finds Mad About You any good. I mean, that is one of the few sitcoms that actually has a grown-up humour (apart from the unnecessary Ursula character) and feels realistic. Sure they are neurotic, her more than him, but it was just... lovely overall.
Also, this is one of the few onscreen families which did not use the old wise-wife/childish-husband routine (see Flintstones ......Home Improvement... King of Queens... Raymond... Roseanne... and many in between). Women hate being patronized? Good. I hate such relationship, I can't stand to watch it.
It hits too close to home.

Plus, seriously. Helen Hunt? Not HOT?! You must be made of ice.