Top Three Over-rated US Sitcoms Page 8

I don't like Spaced, either! That must count for something!

Quote: Winterlight @ September 12 2008, 2:09 PM BST

Top 3 Over-rated:

Friends
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ben, we need to have a chat about this collaboration thing. No, don't sit down...

My love of Partridge will see us through. Don't worry.

Quote: Winterlight @ September 12 2008, 3:02 PM BST

I don't like Spaced, either!

Yay!

Quote: Griff @ September 12 2008, 3:13 PM BST

*welcomes Winterlight back onto Xmas card list with open arms*

:D

Quote: Winterlight @ September 12 2008, 2:09 PM BST

Top 3 Over-rated:

Friends
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Shut yo' mouth foo'. Anyway, you don't like American sitcoms in general, do you?

Quote: David Bussell @ September 12 2008, 4:47 PM BST

Ben, we need to have a chat about this collaboration thing. No, don't sit down...

Heh, Ben does have odd taste. AND he doesn't like Spaced; the mans a loon, I tell you.

Everybody Loves Raymond
Seinfeld
Roseanne

I loooved Roseanne.
I wanted to be like Darlene, and go out with David.

I had a love/hate relationship with Roseanne (the show). Sometimes it was brilliant, and sometimes I just didn't want to see it ever again.

Probably, on reflection, only once I'd seen an episode umpteen times on the limited Paramount repeats.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 12 2008, 6:44 PM BST

Shut yo' mouth foo'. Anyway, you don't like American sitcoms in general, do you?

I don't know about that. The Simpsons and Cheers are in my top 10 sitcoms ever.

Quote: Aaron @ September 12 2008, 8:15 PM BST

I had a love/hate relationship with Roseanne (the show). Sometimes it was brilliant, and sometimes I just didn't want to see it ever again.

Probably, on reflection, only once I'd seen an episode umpteen times on the limited Paramount repeats.

I'm the same way Aaron. It was a daring concept (for American TV) that bordered on serious drama but still very funny. Although if you look at the end of the series....when they win the freaking lottery the show had jumped the shark so bad that it had become a parody of itself.

I gave up on Rosanne long before the end. That happening to them would have been like Arkwright finally marring Nurse Gladys. That was the problem with the Trotters coming out on top in 'Time On Our Hands', they shouldn't have. The only credibility for doing those last Christmas episodes was so we could see them back to square one.

The ending was shit.

But the rest of it was fab.

Quote: The Rook @ September 12 2008, 10:07 PM BST

That was the problem with the Trotters coming out on top in 'Time On Our Hands', they shouldn't have.

They should have come out on top! It would have made a fine happy ending, but then they did those awful Xmas specials which tarnished the series.

Na, that goes against the grain. If they had come out on top it wouldn't have been the Trotters. I'm not saying those extra Christmas episode were up to scratch but they did have their moments.

You saying 'a fine happy ending' shows how much some characters a taken to the hearts of the nation. There's something that David Jason said in the documentary on the boxset bonus disc. I can't rememember the exact words but it went something like this "The show is not a comedy but a drama with comedic moments'. That sums up the show perfectly.

1. Friends
2. Friends
3. Friends.