Relief From Comic Relief? Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ March 17, 2007, 7:45 PM

And I'm certain Billy Connolly is playing the Colonel in a docu-film of the history of KFC.

Lol.

And yeah, that Gervais sketch was good.

All the good stuff was on at the end - Russell, Ricky, The Boosh and Simon Pegg.

Have to say, Russell Brand wasn't nearly as annoying as I feared he may be. Boosh were as funny as I thought they would be though. (I.e. not very.)

I am blowing a raspberry at you.
I hope you've learned your lesson.

Russell Brand was funny. He a very intelligent and witty fellow.

The Simpsons, Catherine Tate and soon Noel's House Party being gunged by Mr. Blobby.

Who I am talking about? That's right our elected leader, the Prime minister ... shameful.

I must be missing something...... Somewhere inside me, i see a cool unusualy cool, not common in British comedians,that is Russel Brand. However... The guy aint funny. Not a jot. My gran is, by far more funnier than this geezer. I was at her grave on sunday, and she was still funier. Sorry he just dont ring my bell, ding my dong. However I just watched Borat the Movie. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! No way funny all the way through. Yet the greatest saying of 2007 so far came from that movie. Shall I tell you what it is....Shall I............................................................................................Ok....

Borat..."She has vageena that hang like wizards sleeve"

FaNtAbUlOuS.... Wave

Best bit for insomniacs was the Simon Pegg homage to Reservoir Dogs, with Leo Sayer as James Madsen. Also Borat was very funny.
I found the Gervais sketch predictable but funny. What puzzled me was that Steve Merchant actually does get paid shit loads to do voice overs, most recently Sky, and appears in British films (Hot Fuzz) so what was he talking about?

I haven't watched all of the tape back yet (yes I fast forward over the Africa bits... I'm going to hell I know) but, from what I've seen so far, only the Ricky Gervais sketch has made me laugh (spraying Bob Geldof with deodorant... ha ha ha).

To be fair I've yet to see the first half of the evening though (the Mr Bean / Vicar of Dibley stuff etc) or the last hour, maybe that's better?

Off the Telly has a rather good review I think - click here to read

I had a tremendous feeling of deja vu. We've seen it all before many, many times, and that includes last ever episodes of The Vicar Of Dibley. When it comes back next time, they should really try and breathe fresh life into it, rather than relying endlessly on the same old things.

It’s a relief it’s all over that’s all I can say.

Didn’t see much of it but did catch Ricky Gervais’s sketch which was good but cotton on pretty quick, as the lighting wasn’t right on the outside shoots. Peeved that the TV Burp was just made up of repeat sketches from his series.

There only so many time I can be told what a wonderful time everyone having, glad it’s all over.

Quote: Mark @ March 18, 2007, 9:33 PM

To be fair I've yet to see the first half of the evening though (the Mr Bean / Vicar of Dibley stuff etc) or the last hour, maybe that's better?

Bean was ok - by far the best I saw - but lacking by Bean standards. Which was a pity. Sounds like we've seen the exact opposite bits so far though, so can't compare.

Feel asleep during Peggs bit, just thought it was a clip show. Wished I'd stayed awake now.

Does anyone know if the BBC going to put out a highlights programme?

Maybe youtube?

Of Course! Cheers Leevil - you're a brick. (that means a good egg)