Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 76

Interesting that he said that.

Ah, but looking in to it he didn't actually say that. That's people's wishful thinking (including mine). A friend of mine who actually heard the interview on the radio says that he didn't say anything of the sort. He actually said "Green Grass costs quite a bit to make so the BBC have shelved the series. We might return but John is currently working on other projects. Late 2010 might be a possible slot. Who knows". That's not word for word but near enough.

How they got 7 episodes from that I'll never know.

Ha ha. Well, I seem to recall there being some strong rumours of The Green Green Grass coming back after this other spin-off. And Not Going Out ... well. Doesn't sound like he was as definitive as others are making out. I wonder how much he actually knows.

This show got another mention on talkSPORT, today. Paul Hawksbee said it would probably be coming back.

What is this strange connection between talkSPORT radio and comedy commissioning news? Huh?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 10 2009, 12:33 AM GMT

What is this strange connection between talkSPORT radio and comedy commissioning news? Huh?

Simple answer: talkSPORT presenters, Paul Hawksbee (comedy writer) and Andy Jacobs (former Head of Development at Avalon).

They're both 'in the know'.

:)

Ah. :)

Evidently they know something you don't know!

Looks like the Christmas Special will be on BBC One on Wednesday the 23rd, at 10:45 pm. Not the best timing if they are bringing it back. :/

I mentioned this in another thread, but I've heard it straight out of the mouth of a BBC commissioner that NGO is "coughing blood but not dead".

I've heard far stronger than that. But we'll see.

Quote: Aaron @ December 3 2009, 10:01 PM GMT

I've heard far stronger than that. But we'll see.

Stronger meaning it's deader, or stronger more alive?

Stronger in life. :)

Quote: Aaron @ December 3 2009, 10:41 PM GMT

Hell yeah!

Quote: Aaron @ December 3 2009, 10:41 PM GMT

:D I'll keep my fingers crossed then.

Looking forward to the Christmas special. Saw the BBC advert for comedies over Christmas last night and there was a short clip for this which made me happy!