The Olympics Page 85

If there was a gold medal for posting utter tosh we'd have plenty of medal contenders on this thread.

;)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 7 2012, 1:28 PM BST

No, most of them are crying because training for their chosen field has been their whole life and they feel like they've let themselves down.

I think a lot of them had unrealistic expectations to begin with.

In other news: We've just won Gold and Bronze in the Triathalon - now that is a proper event, hard to imagine anything more knackering.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ August 7 2012, 2:13 PM BST

If there was a gold medal for posting utter tosh we'd have plenty of medal contenders on this thread.

:O

Just because you got Gold in the Special Olympics Tosh Posting, doesn't mean you get to lord it over the rest of us.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ August 7 2012, 2:13 PM BST

;)

Not all that many contenders in truth, but still lots of medals. Phelps might be in danger.

Wow, Zonderland's high bar thingybob routine was amazing. :O

Its gold in Horse Dancing.

Quote: Lazzard @ August 7 2012, 4:16 PM BST

Its gold in Horse Dancing.

Well done the hoofers.

Steve Cram is heavily suggesting that this Algerian guy who's won the 1500m is on drugs.

Ouch. Bit much to say that on air, I think.

He said the same thing in the qualifying round: "surprising", etc. There's no doubt he thinks something's up, same with Brendan Foster. If I was the silver medallist I wouldn't be giving up hope yet.

Brendan Foster's on drugs ?

:O

How else do you think he won bronze in 1976?

From the local rag . .

Seven athletes from Cameroon have gone missing from the athletes’ village, officials have said.

The five boxers, swimmer and a footballer have all disappeared from the athletes’ village at the Olympic Park in Stratford, east London, David Ojong, the head of mission for Team Cameroon, told reporters.

David Ojong told Cameroonian media that of 60 athletes and officials living in the village, 28 have gone home, 24 were still in the village and seven have disappeared.

No wonder we can't keep track of people !

Quote: TopBanana @ August 7 2012, 9:19 PM BST

Steve Cram is heavily suggesting that this Algerian guy who's won the 1500m is on drugs.

Seb Coe said that he couldn't understand why the rest of the field "handed it to him on a plate". Apparently they all ran particularly slowly.

Quote: Badge @ August 7 2012, 9:50 PM BST

How else do you think he won bronze in 1976?

What is it about people from Gateshead that they want to keep running all the time?

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 7 2012, 10:07 PM BST

What is it about people from Gateshead that they want to keep running all the time?

If you lived in Gateshead youd want to keep running all the time - on the road out of Gateshead.