The Olympics Page 80

Nah, I think it's more likely they're trying to piss me off.

Quote: Harridan @ August 4 2012, 2:25 PM BST

This is so heartbreaking:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19124776

Poor guys are grief-stricken after coming second. I've never seen people react like that outside of responding to a death.

Yeah, the sooner we close down all the public schools and put an end to this kind of striving and sense of duty, the better.

And let's sell off a few more playing fields while we're at it.

Hurrah for mediocrity - death to achievement.

Quote: Lazzard @ August 4 2012, 3:35 PM BST

Yeah, the sooner we close down all the public schools and put an end to this kind of striving and sense of duty, the better.

And let's sell off a few more playing fields while we're at it.

Hurrah for mediocrity - death to achievement.

So glad you read all that subtext that I buried there. For a minute I thought no one would catch it! Rolling eyes

Quote: Harridan @ August 4 2012, 3:38 PM BST

So glad you read all that subtext that I buried there. For a minute I thought no one would catch it! Rolling eyes

It's a gift.

Quote: Nogget @ August 2 2012, 1:38 PM BST

What annoys me is that the badminton rules are such that these teams have an incentive to lose, but then get disqualified for doing so. It's the rules that are wrong, the teams are just attempting to use them to their best advantage.

I wasn't following this bit. can someone explain what rules lead do a desire to lose?

Basically if you've done well enough to go into the next round.

Then by having a lower rank you go up against a worse team.

Quote: zooo @ August 4 2012, 3:07 PM BST

Nah, I think it's more likely they're trying to piss me off.

You do realise this is your punishment for having a Christmas mania?

Watched some of the cycling in a cafe and I can't help feeling there should be some way for us to see how amazingly fast they are actually going. I seem to remember someone once saying that all of these races should have a non-athlete running along too for comparison - can we do that? Can someone sort that our for me?

Quote: keewik @ August 4 2012, 8:14 PM BST

You do realise this is your punishment for having a Christmas mania?

I do now...

Delighted that we won the men's long jump. I do love a good leap.

Jessica Ennis is :O.

What's she up to?

Being ace at everything.

Ah. Yes. She is very good. Although I though she'd been streaking around the stadium or something.

Ah no, soz. Maybe later at the Olympic village.