The Olympics Page 15

Ah, well charismatic doesn't mean slick and sophisticated.

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2008, 3:50 PM BST

No but if I hired a child molester to run a nursery, I'd expect to take a big chunk of responsibility.

>_< :S

Well done.
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I was saying...

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2008, 3:53 PM BST

Who was lauded in his day for actually acheiving something with his work with Trident.

Yeah, because stabbings are so on the decline, aren't they?

The bendy bus thing narks me.

How ever much you may hate them they take alot of passengers on busy routes, and process them quickly.

He's taking them off the road and replacing them with buses with half the capacity.

He promised to find a replacement first.

Ken was a victim of Labour party crappines

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2008, 3:50 PM BST

No but if I hired a child molester to run a nursery, I'd expect to take a big chunk of responsibility.

Is this an extreme example pulled out of the ether to illustrate your point, or is this a news story I've managed to miss?

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2008, 3:52 PM BST

Some of my favourite Boris quotes:

On that account this board should collectively become the next Mayor of London. We've produced plenty of memorable quotes.

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2008, 3:59 PM BST

Yeah, because stabbings are so on the decline, aren't they?

No but the overall murder rate is, and we haven't had a race riot in years.

The stabbing thing seems to be damned evasive.

Armed police and bus conductors is the only way to go.

Quote: Finck @ August 10 2008, 4:02 PM BST

On that account this board should collectively become the next Mayor of London. We've produced plenty of memorable quotes.

Laughing out loud

This is actually about the Olympics. The gymnastics is on, and I can't bear seeing such disciplined gymnasts who are about 10 years old. I can never shift the feeling that they've been pushed into competing.

Armed bus conductors?

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2008, 4:01 PM BST

Is this an extreme example pulled out of the ether to illustrate your point, or is this a news story I've managed to miss?

Actually no happens to often, check out Jersey.

But the point is if you hire some one to do a job, whose plainly at the interview stage not up the job.

Thats your responsibility.

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2008, 3:52 PM BST

Some of my favourite Boris quotes:

"It is just flipping unbelievable. He is a mixture of Harry Houdini and a greased piglet. He is barely human in his elusiveness. Nailing Blair is like trying to pin jelly to a wall."

"Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3."

"My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."

"Drifting rudderless in the wide Sargasso Sea of New Labour's ideological vacuum." (On Tony Blair.)

"Nor do I propose to defend the right to talk on a mobile while driving a car, though I don't believe that is necessarily any more dangerous than the many other risky things that people do with their free hands while driving - nose-picking, reading the paper, studying the A-Z, beating the children, and so on."

"I don't see why people are so snooty about Channel 5. It has some respectable documentaries about the Second World War. It also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into lap dancing, and other related and vital subjects."

I just wanted to bring these quotes up again because they're so good!

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2008, 4:02 PM BST

we haven't had a race riot in years.

More's the pity. A nice bit of conflict might make politicians realise that there is still a real problem.

Ah, you were there at the interviews?

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 4:04 PM BST

Armed bus conductors?

With rocket-propelled but plugs to subdue offenders.

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 4:04 PM BST

Armed bus conductors?

Yes check out the number of stabbings murders and muggings on buses.

Bus conductors with a GLock soon sort them out.

Maybe just tazers for people listening to tunes on their mobiles, taking 2 seats or eating fried rat in a box.

Oh, I do like a taser.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 10 2008, 4:04 PM BST

Laughing out loud

This is actually about the Olympics. The gymnastics is on, and I can't bear seeing such disciplined gymnasts who are about 10 years old. I can never shift the feeling that they've been pushed into competing.

Ooh, that one off Blue Peter is doing some commentating!
Cute!