The Olympics Page 16

Quote: Finck @ August 10 2008, 4:02 PM BST

On that account this board should collectively become the next Mayor of London. We've produced plenty of memorable quotes.

He's not Mayor because of his excellent quotes and wit.

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 4:05 PM BST

Ah, you were there at the interviews?

Nope read the interview with Boris, and thingy the theiving vicar he hired.

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 4:06 PM BST

Ooh, that one off Blue Peter is doing some commentating!
Cute!

Rolling eyes

I loved that that Chinese girl just clenched her fist and said "Yes!" when she nailed her jump.

:D

I do like watching gymnastics. Even though I agree they're mostly like abused (freakishly strong) kittens.

:O She just fell! Poor thing!

Aw. :(

She was doing amazingly, freakishly well, and then she just flew off the bars! All her little team-mates hugged her, but she was close to tears. :(

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 10 2008, 4:04 PM BST

This is actually about the Olympics. The gymnastics is on, and I can't bear seeing such disciplined gymnasts who are about 10 years old. I can never shift the feeling that they've been pushed into competing.

I've been watching gymnastics earlier and I'm quite sure one of the US team was called "Becky Downy" and one had the surname "Memmel", pronounced "Mammal". Maybe they're compensating for something by going into torture sports...

I keep missing things by looking away for a split second! Yep, Becky Downie is on now.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 10 2008, 4:12 PM BST

She was doing amazingly, freakishly well, and then she just flew off the bars! All her little team-mates hugged her, but she was close to tears. :(

Oooo, I've seen that! It was heartbreaking! She was sooo good!

Her wrist, yeah?

Eeek! Beth Tweddle just clipped the low bar.

Right on her arse.

Oh dear.

Ha!

Our floor competitor is really good! Quite cheeky, too.