The Olympics Page 14

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2008, 3:39 PM BST

And he's looking at it from a deluded perspective. Pretty much all of those points would - or could - be true of any politician.

Yes. They're all liars and ne'er do'ells - at least this one is funny.

And has cool hair.
Don't forget the hair.

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2008, 3:40 PM BST

I know. Shocking, isn't it? I mean, you find out that someone is naughty and unreliable, and you bloody sack them! Whatever next, jailing rapists? :S

:D

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 3:42 PM BST

And has cool hair.
Don't forget the hair.

Oh yes.
The hair. :D

I'm rather proud to have a politician with some flipping charisma to be honest.

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 3:43 PM BST

Char-isn't-ma, more like. He gets on well with people simply because he isn't charismatic.

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 3:43 PM BST

Charisma in politicians makes me queasy.

Quote: Charly @ August 10 2008, 3:44 PM BST

Char-isn't-ma, more like. He gets on well with people simply because he isn't charismatic.

Boris? Are you sure you've got the correct definition of charisma? :S

No charisma, Charly? :O

He's got BUCKETS of the stuff!

Quote: Finck @ August 10 2008, 3:44 PM BST

Charisma in politicians makes me queasy.

Politicians make me queasy (except Boris)

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 3:47 PM BST

No charisma, Charly? :O

He's got BUCKETS of the stuff!

Well yes, but my point is that he is a sort of loveable buffoon, not a smooth talking somethingorother.

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 3:40 PM BST

Oh that's so stooopid. :)

Like those people that have a go at politicians for 'flip flopping'.
You'd prefer them to never admit a mistake?? And carry on with it blindly?

Idiotic.

No but if I hired a child molester to run a nursery, I'd expect to take a big chunk of responsibility.

Some of my favourite Boris quotes:

"It is just flipping unbelievable. He is a mixture of Harry Houdini and a greased piglet. He is barely human in his elusiveness. Nailing Blair is like trying to pin jelly to a wall."

"Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3."

"My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."

"Drifting rudderless in the wide Sargasso Sea of New Labour's ideological vacuum." (On Tony Blair.)

"Nor do I propose to defend the right to talk on a mobile while driving a car, though I don't believe that is necessarily any more dangerous than the many other risky things that people do with their free hands while driving - nose-picking, reading the paper, studying the A-Z, beating the children, and so on."

"I don't see why people are so snooty about Channel 5. It has some respectable documentaries about the Second World War. It also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into lap dancing, and other related and vital subjects."

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2008, 3:41 PM BST

Lee Jasper is a slimy, smarmy, corrupt c**t of the highest order.

No he's a very sad man with some sexual problems.

And the money? Poor book keeping by small chairities that amounted to little more than pocket change.

Who was lauded in his day for actually acheiving something with his work with Trident.

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2008, 3:50 PM BST

No but if I hired a child molester to run a nursery, I'd expect to take a big chunk of responsibility.

He did though didn't he? I don't think he tried to cover it up.

Well even the Stasi couldn't cover up the size of those cock ups.

Boris is funny, clever and charming. God knows he might make a decent PM (a job with no real power for years), just not a good mayor.

Ken was an obnoxious prick who happened to be very good at running big cities.

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2008, 3:56 PM BST

Boris is funny, clever and charming. God knows he might make a decent PM (a job with no real power for years), just not a good mayor.

Ken was an obnoxious prick who happened to be very good at running big cities.

Amen.