Best TV show ever! Page 3

Best drama (at the risk of annoying 'Taxis all over again ;) ): The Shield. Masterpiece of drama and gets better as the serieses go on: everything that happened in series one has (if anything *more*) bearing on what happened in all the subsequent series right up until six (and assuming beyond). Out of all the choices Vic Mackay has now, there is *literally* no way for him to win and you wouldn't know what to do yourself. Unmissable.

Honourable mention for The Sopranos and best-entertainment-show-by-far Top Gear: officially the funniest programme on telly!

Dan

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 21 2008, 8:30 PM BST

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet - the first series.

I was just thinking that myself, along with Blackadder II and possibly certain bits of Blake's 7 and most of Red Dwarf.

Doctor Who and Fawlty Towers. I'd also like to put forward Babylon 5 as well, as a continuing, well-plotted science fiction series, which paved the way for similar series, e.g. the new BG etc.

The fifth series of the new incarnation of Doctor Who.

Opperation Good Guys.
Champion The Wonder Horse.
Lone Ranger.
Gimme Gimme Gimme.
The Professionals.
Taxi.
Cheers.
Zorro.
Plus many more.

Quote: Marc P @ May 22 2008, 9:50 AM BST

The fifth series of the new incarnation of Doctor Who.

Laughing out loud

Quote: thing @ May 22 2008, 3:10 AM BST

Liver Birds

Now, are you really sure you wanted to say that?

Quote: thing @ May 22 2008, 3:10 AM BST

a series about two young men living on the Isle of Dogs, one black one white, encounters with racists and their incarceration in an open prison, escape and 'finale' recapture. Anyone remember this never repeated classic?

Any idea what it was called? Comedy? Drama? Comedy drama? Serial?

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ May 22 2008, 9:09 AM BST

Yes Minister

Time Team is both relaxing and informative. I don't think you're allowed to speak to Tony Robinson on camera unless you've got a beard or crazy hair (or both).

Corrrrrrrect. :)

Quote: Aaron @ May 22 2008, 10:09 AM BST

Any idea what it was called? Comedy? Drama? Comedy drama? Serial?

Prospects?

Not going to name any comedies, too many favourites and depends what mood I'm in.

Mentioned it in another thread recently but the one other programme that I never miss is.............Countdown! No where near as good since the unfortunate death of Richard Whitely, and Des O'Connor would make the whole show pretty cringeworthy if it wasn't for the wonderful invention of Sky+.

I now record the show and playback skipping all the Des bits, show takes about 20 minutes to watch now :)

Quote: Alan C @ May 22 2008, 10:13 AM BST

Prospects?

Ah yes. Never got around to watching that one.

Quote: Alan C @ May 22 2008, 10:13 AM BST

Prospects?

Wow,yes! Thanks Alan, I've been wracking me brains for that title for years!

Did you like it?

Quote: thing @ May 22 2008, 2:21 PM BST

Wow,yes! Thanks Alan, I've been wracking me brains for that title for years!

Did you like it?

It was good yes - some guy on Ebay has sold hundreds of copies of this for £4.99 - must be all avis me thinks

Never mind that. Quiz! Now!

Quote: Alan C @ May 22 2008, 2:23 PM BST

It was good yes - some guy on Ebay has sold hundreds of copies of this for £4.99 - must be all avis me thinks

Is it you?

*gets on over to eBay*

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 22 2008, 2:23 PM BST

Never mind that. Quiz! Now!

I'd love to but a bit busy. I enjoyed the last ones. Will advise soon and set a firm time and date for one. also still trying to sort out Aaron's prize!
:D

Quote: Aaron @ May 22 2008, 2:38 PM BST

Is it you?

*gets on over to eBay*

lol no