Best TV show ever! Page 6

Quote: Jay @ May 22 2008, 10:23 PM BST

Eldorado
Funhouse
Knightmare (series 1 -2)

I think, and it's just a hunch, that Jay's being a bit of a tinker.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 22 2008, 10:27 PM BST

I think, and it's just a hunch, that Jay's being a bit of a tinker.

I am with Eldorado but I would put Funhouse and Knightmare up there with best TV shows ever, some of the best childrens programming was in the late 80s - early 90s (Knightmare in my opinion is a forerunner for reality TV)

Quote: Jay @ May 22 2008, 10:31 PM BST

I am with Eldorado but I would put Funhouse and Knightmare up there with best TV shows ever, some of the best childrens programming was in the late 80s - early 90s (Knightmare in my opinion is a forerunner for reality TV)

Fair dos. In the spirit of agreement I shall take your Funhouse and raise you a Press Gang.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 22 2008, 10:35 PM BST

Fair dos. In the spirit of agreement I shall take your Funhouse and raise you a Press Gang.

In all fairness I have only seen a handful of episodes of Press Gang but I understand that series 1 and 2 are out on DVD? :S

Press Gang actually is awesome!

And I have one of those dvds. :)

Quote: zooo @ May 22 2008, 10:40 PM BST

And extremely influential.

I was well gutted to find out 'Spike' wasn't even American. :(

Quote: zooo @ May 22 2008, 10:40 PM BST

And I have one of those dvds. :)

Dexter Fletcher had the worst American accent but Julia Sawalha showed promise ;)

Do you remember the episode where they were talking about making a TV show about the paper, and Lee, I think, said: "Well they'd better get a proper American to play Spike."

Didn't Moffat write Press Gang?

Trevor's World of Sport - another sitcom that deserved a second series and starred the guy from Press Gang

Quote: Aaron @ May 22 2008, 10:48 PM BST

Didn't Moffat write Press Gang?

Yes, he did.

Quote: Alan C @ May 22 2008, 10:51 PM BST

Trevor's World of Sport - another sitcom that deserved a second series and starred the guy from Press Gang

Yes, it did.

Of course, it's lived on as a Radio 4 show with the same cast. I think it was on its fourth series at the last count.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 22 2008, 10:46 PM BST

Do you remember the episode where they were talking about making a TV show about the paper, and Lee, I think, said: "Well they'd better get a proper American to play Spike."

Ha! No I don't.

Quote: Alan C @ May 22 2008, 10:51 PM BST

As someone who HATES sport, I agree.

Re Press Gang, the only thing I remember about it is the gorgeous Julia Sawalha.

(I think) Richard Herring watched it and fancied her too, and ended up going out with her. :)
Dreeams can come truue.