Best TV show ever!

I was watching an advert for When Were We Funniest a minute ago and I just wanted to see what everyone thought was the best TV show ever. Comedy or drama, it doesn't matter. Any ideas?
:P

Doctor Who; I decided that when I was about four and Im not about to change my mind now!

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet - the first series.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 21 2008, 8:29 PM BST

Doctor Who; I decided that when I was about four and Im not about to change my mind now!

ONE OF USS..... :)

Blackadder goes forth

"That it be"

I always say Oz, but I'm not sure? I can't think of something I can watch in any mood? Maybe The Simpsons?

Quote: Jamie Nichol @ May 21 2008, 8:32 PM BST

Blackadder goes forth

"That it be"

"Yes it is not that it be. You don't have to speak in that stupid voice to me, i'm not a tourist" I need a hobby. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Charly @ May 21 2008, 8:34 PM BST

"Yes it is not that it be. You don't have to speak in that stupid voice to me, i'm not a tourist" I need a hobby. Whistling nnocently

You both do :D

Quote: Charly @ May 21 2008, 8:34 PM BST

To finish...

"Here is a purse of moneys, which I'm not going to give you"

Quote: Alan C @ May 21 2008, 8:35 PM BST

You both do :D

Huh?

I would have to go with the the 3 shows I watch the most in repeats. Unfortunately they are all American but hey I can't seem to choose what's funny.
1# Simpsons
2# Futurama
3# Scrubs.

Those are the shows I watch the most over and over again thus for me the funniest shows.

Quote: Griff @ May 21 2008, 8:46 PM BST

Blackadder (any)

What? Even the first series?

Father Ted. Hillarious!
What an idea too.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 21 2008, 8:59 PM BST

What? Even the first series?

The first series was brilliant. Stylistically very far from the rest, but still brilliant in its own way.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 21 2008, 8:30 PM BST

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet - the first series.

Whole-heartedly agree. The finest tv show I've ever seen. The 2nd and 3rd series were also brilliant but the 1st was head and shoulders above them all.

First things that come into my head:

Pennies from Heaven
Talking Heads
Heimat
Dr Who
Star Trek (original)
Fawlty Towers
Bilko
The Simpsons
Have I Got News for You
The Morecambe and Wise Show
Coronation Street
7 Up
Life on Earth (forgot that one earlier)

I'm getting second wind now:

Grange Hill
Dangermouse
Tom and Jerry (if that can count as a TV programme. I only ever saw it on TV)