New Ricky Gervais sitcom/movie/thing Page 2

I'm with Zooo on this one, I love both but I don't see why thet feel the need to be on the big screen, (except for the huge cheque.)

Nothing better than a rainy winters night tucked up with a bottle of wine and a dvd of Casablanca. God I sound like a girl.

Yep. Apart from the Harry Potter series, obviously.

I understand them wanting to give it a go. This will be Ricky's first proper film. (I'm not counting his cameos for obvious reasons.)

I just hope that's not where he stays.

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2008, 11:30 PM BST

Yep. Apart from the Harry Potter series, obviously.

The books are better Aaron. God I miss Harry Potter, I must get around to re-reading them. :)

I love Harry Potter, books and films!

I saw the films first though.

Tennant's in one!

I read the first page of the last book - poorly written and unimaginative rubbish.

But love the films.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 21 2008, 11:35 PM BST

I read the first page of the last book - poorly written and unimaginative rubbish.

But love the films.

She isn't the best writer in the world thats true but she did get an entire generation of kids reading/make reading cool. So good for her I say. And it isn't rubbish, so there. ;)

Quote: jacparov @ April 21 2008, 11:40 PM BST

She isn't the best writer in the world thats true but she did get an entire generation of kids reading/make reading cool. So good for her I say. And it isn't rubbish, so there. ;)

And I wouldn't say no to her either! (For more than one reason). Laughing out loud

No, they're not written by some literary genius. That's for sure. But they still manage to be totally enjoyable.
The world and characters and relationships are brilliant. And evidently that's more important than the quality of writing. (which isn't as bad as people make out, anyway.)

Which character does Tennant play Zooo?

Barty Crouch Jr.

Quote: jacparov @ April 21 2008, 11:32 PM BST

The books are better Aaron.

Undoubtedly. But they're still far better than other films, British or not.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2008, 11:33 PM BST

I saw the films first though.

LE GASP! :O

Ah, missed that. Cheers.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2008, 11:43 PM BST

No, they're not written by some literary genius. That's for sure.

Liar.

Well she's a genius as far as being successful goes!

I liked being the only person I knew that hadn't read the books! (ie, I was trying to feel superior.) But I gave in last year and read them all. Or was it the year before. Whatever. The most recent film was the only one I've seen where I'd read the book first.