New Ricky Gervais sitcom/movie/thing

Sounds interesting. I'm actually rather looking forward to seeing it, although I do fear it has a heavy risk of being just more-of-the-same. Still, yeah, looking forward to actually seeing something.

My dad used to work for the Pru except than in the early 70s he was a 30-something...and lived in Lincolnshire.

Shame my dad can't stand Ricky Gervais - he may have enjoyed it otherwise.

Will be very interesting to see how he distances it from The Office. As someone who lives in Reading and worked for places like The Pru i can tell you there's not much of a gap between 1970's Prudential and 1990's paper merchants in Slough!

In fact, my start into writing was screwed up because i went with the "write what you know" angle and realised The Office had pretty much covered it all!

Should add - this is going to be movie isnt it? not a sitcom.

there's more to life than paper clips.

Quote: M Lewis @ April 21 2008, 3:37 PM BST

Should add - this is going to be movie isnt it? not a sitcom.

I had a feeling it wasn't meant to be a sitcom proper, but God, I hope not (a movie). Please, for the love of God. A proper TV show.

I thought it was going to be a film now, too.

I would 5000% prefer a TV show though.

Seems EVERY source says movie (and has for a while) only the Reading Post says sitcom.....which sums it up ;)

Pilkapedia says its a movie.

Having seen neither, I shall refrain from comment directly.

But. Movies are poo. Make a sitcom, you joyless bastard of French extraction.

Yup. I'll say it again, I'm sick of all the best TV talent migrating to movies every time they get successful.

Watching a movie is over in one afternoon. I want 6 weeks plus of entertainment, thanks!

Get back to your real jobs!

(Obnoxious rant over.)

Quite! Movies suck. TV is the future, bitches.

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2008, 4:22 PM BST

Having seen neither, I shall refrain from comment directly.

But. Movies are poo. Make a sitcom, you joyless bastard of French extraction.

Movies are good... I think... racist.

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2008, 5:09 PM BST

Quite! Movies suck. TV is the future, bitches.

I have to agree I'm afraid.

I really get no pleasure from going to a cinema - and even watching something over 90 minutes makes me bored.

I'd much rather watch - and be involved with - British TV.

I love film! Used to be a bit obsessed.

I just don't like the idea of people who are fantastic at TV treating it as a stepping stone to film. As if that's somehow a higher art form. It isn't.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2008, 11:21 PM BST

I love film! Used to be a bit obsessed.

I just don't like the idea of people who are fantastic at TV treating it as a stepping stone to film. As if that's somehow a higher art form. It isn't.

We're looking at you, Pegg!

A good joke in an episode of a telly show is something to savour, something to remember. On the big screen they get lost and rattle about, forgotten.