Anyone watch (the) football? Page 4

They won't win. United are too good, and too hungry. Anyway, I'm not sure we would miss out. Where did you hear/read that?

Quote: Badge @ April 10 2008, 12:14 AM BST

You are aware that even if you finish 4th, it's only the UEFA cup for the toffees if Liverpool win the Champions League?

It's a f**king disgrace. They won it without being Champions but think they're the greatest.

Quote: catskillz @ April 10 2008, 12:02 AM BST

All I care about is that my Blue boys beat Liverpool to the last qualifying spot, for next season's Champions' League. Unfortunately, we'll probably miss out. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish on equal points with them, but miss out on Goal Difference.

I thought you meant Chelsea missing the league to the scum on goal difference for a minute.

Chelsea got Liverpool again so we're out :(

Quote: Badge @ April 10 2008, 12:14 AM BST

You are aware that even if you finish 4th, it's only the UEFA cup for the toffees if Liverpool win the Champions League?

There was a posting on one of the Everton forums a while back under the title "Random Ways In Which The Red Sh*te Have Ruined My Life". This poor chap had managed to take his Everton team to fourth in the Premiership on Championship Manager or somesuch.

But Man United, who were fifth, won the Champions League under the 2005 No Matter What, Liverpool Have To Play In The Champions League, Even If They've Been Relegated (Not That That Could Ever Happen As They'd Always Get Enough Dodgy Penalties To See Them Through) Ruling and so he missed out.

I, of course, abhor such petty rivalries.

Quote: Charisma @ April 9 2008, 2:34 PM BST

And that is a fact.

Its your opinion, which you have a right to, but its not fact. Thats a fact. :P

Quote: David Chapman @ April 10 2008, 12:38 AM BST

It's a f**king disgrace. They won it without being Champions but think they're the greatest.

Not helping but Man Utd weren't Champions either when they won the Euro Cup in 1999.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 10 2008, 5:34 PM BST

Not helping but Man Utd weren't Champions either when they won the Euro Cup in 1999.

My point exactly!!!!

Quote: Graham Bandage @ April 10 2008, 9:56 AM BST

There was a posting on one of the Everton forums a while back under the title "Random Ways In Which The Red Sh*te Have Ruined My Life". This poor chap had managed to take his Everton team to fourth in the Premiership on Championship Manager or somesuch.

I think what must have pissed them off more than anything was when Everton won the league in 1985 and after the European Cup Final in which Liverpool were involved in that year, all English clubs got banned from Europe.

And we won the League again, in '87, and still couldn't compete. Oh, and by the way, in case you didn't know, we were League Champions at the start of both World Wars, meaning we again had great teams broken up.

Quote: catskillz @ April 11 2008, 12:12 AM BST

And we won the League again, in '87, and still couldn't compete. Oh, and by the way, in case you didn't know, we were League Champions at the start of both World Wars, meaning we again had great teams broken up.

Us blues should stick together!

Well at least Arsenal are good at one thing.

Winning the Women's FA Cup.

Maybe they should play in their male counterparts place. They've got more balls than them.

Just realised that Chelsea are in the position of finishing the 2007/08 season as follows:

Premiership (runners-up)
Champions League (runners-up)
FA Cup (quarter-finalists)
Carling Cup (runners-up)
Community Shield (runners-up)

Impressive yet gutting all the same

This has got nothing to do with English footie, I just didn't think it was worth starting a new thread, so I'm posting it here. It's a clip of Carlos Valderrama, managing a team, and signifying that he thinks the referee has taken a bribe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_hB8V_a1Qw

Quote: catskillz @ May 6 2008, 7:50 PM BST

This has got nothing to do with English footie, I just didn't think it was worth starting a new thread, so I'm posting it here. It's a clip of Carlos Valderrama, managing a team, and signifying that he thinks the referee has taken a bribe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_hB8V_a1Qw

Ha! Be funny if they charged him for trying!

This is getting bloody ridiculous.

"The 17-point deduction would put Rotherham second bottom of the League Two table above Luton, who had 30 points taken away for misconduct and for failing to satisfy the League's insolvency rules.

Bournemouth may face a similar punishment when the League consider their case."

So all the clubs with no money have minus points? One way to keep the big clubs at the top.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 6 2008, 11:53 PM BST

This is getting bloody ridiculous.

"The 17-point deduction would put Rotherham second bottom of the League Two table above Luton, who had 30 points taken away for misconduct and for failing to satisfy the League's insolvency rules.

Bournemouth may face a similar punishment when the League consider their case."

So all the clubs with no money have minus points? One way to keep the big clubs at the top.

Here here!

I looked at the League 2 table and had to rub my eyes when I saw Luton. Poor f**kers, that's really harsh. Last time I knew it was only 10.