Corden & Horne are getting their own sketch show Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ March 31, 2008, 9:40 AM

I'm not being judgemental, I'm merely stating that if you've had a success you get offered other opportunities. That's bald fact.

I know, I agree with your point.

It's also worth noting that if the boys show is shit, it'll probably never get made, or be quietly shelved after one series. We constantly hear about shows in development that never go anywhere. For example, that thing set in an old folks home by David Walliams and Rob Brydon. That died on it's arse without ever going into production.

Quote: chipolata @ April 2 2008, 10:23 AM BST

It's also worth noting that if the boys show is shit, it'll probably never get made, or be quietly shelved after one series.

Little Miss Jocelyn...

Quote: chipolata @ April 2 2008, 10:23 AM BST

For example, that thing set in an old folks home by David Walliams and Rob Brydon. That died on it's arse without ever going into production.

Every now and then one of them (Ronnie Corbett is the third) mentions it again. I think they still want to make it but obviously with Walliams in America filming Little Britain and Brydon in shows like Gavin and Stacey, finding time for them to all meet up must be hard.

You're right though, I'd only give it a 1/4 chance of ever being seen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7364997.stm

Wow, Kathy Burke.

Yep, wouldn't have pictured her as a director myself!

She is a well respected writer and theatre director...

kjs

Speaking entirely personally here, I'd rather see a sketch show by Charley, The Slaggs or Matthew Stott over these f**kcheeses any day of the week.

Corden is just a fat bloke with raisins for eyes, Horne is the real enigma: why would someone with such a poker face become an actor? How can someone so unexpressive get work? He makes Christopher Walken look like The Laughing Cavalier.

I like their stated ambition to be the next Morcambe and Wise. Good luck on that... And is it me, but do you get the feeling the success of Gavin and Stacey has more to do with Ruth Jones than her chubby little co-writer?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 25 2008, 1:52 AM BST

He makes Christopher Walken look like The Laughing Cavalier.

:)

Dan

Christopher Walken has a great face and is a great actor (albeit with a penchant in starring in very bad films).

Yeah, but he's Christopher Walken. So, he can do anything.

Even dance.

Quote: chipolata @ April 25 2008, 10:03 AM BST

I like their stated ambition to be the next Morcambe and Wise. Good luck on that... And is it me, but do you get the feeling the success of Gavin and Stacey has more to do with Ruth Jones than her chubby little co-writer?

Morecambe*

And no. I don't know why, but I quite like Corden.