Corden & Horne are getting their own sketch show

James Corden and Matthew Horne, those two idiots from Gavin and Stacy are getting their own sketch show. Can you believe this shit? Sick

I heard Matthew Horne mention it on the Paul O'Grady show the other day.

I've heard of worse. This news doesn't instantly strike me with barrels of confidence (another f**king sketch show! >_<;), but I'm not repulsed by the notion.

Oh, you mean those 2 talented actors, who are also quite funny?

How awful.

:)

Wouldn't it be better to reserve judgement until you've actually seen the show? It might be brilliant.
I will say though it is a tad depressing for writers (I mean the genuinely talented ones) who spend years of hard work getting nowhere cos they don't happen to know anyone in the biz.
But c'est la vie.

Wouldn't it be better to reserve judgement until you've actually found out how they got the commission?

Quote: Aaron @ March 30, 2008, 9:54 AM

Wouldn't it be better to reserve judgement until you've actually found out how they got the commission?

Yes, because no matter how they did it, who they were would've had nothing at all to do with it.

C-, must try harder :P

Such faith in the industry.

Well, there's no bitterness in what I said at least, just stating what I consider to be a fact. As I said, it might turn out to be a great show. Besides, I wasn't including myself amongst those 'genuinely talented' writers, I still have lots to learn and I know it (just to point that out!)

Who says they're going to write it... perhaps they are scouring the globe, looking for talented sketch writers, at this very moment...

kjs

I think they are writing it. :)

But maybe not alone.

I heard Catherine Tate is the doctor's new bumming women.

Quote: Jake How @ March 30, 2008, 2:19 PM

I heard Catherine Tate is the doctor's new bumming women.

... Yes. Anyway.

All industries - and not just the entertainment industry - work along these lines. If you've had a success, then you're pretty much guaranteed of getting other opportunities thrown your way.

Personally, I'm not that excited by the idea of a sketch show from these two guys, but I'm not excited by any sketch shows any more. As has been noted on other threads, the British sketch show is in a particularly poor state of health.

I'm quite amazed at how some of you are so judgemental. Do we know if they actually just got given it because of G&S alone or because they also had some ideas/sketches in place first?

It might well be shit, but if you don't give things a chance then you're not going to enjoy it either way.

I'm not being judgemental, I'm merely stating that if you've had a success you get offered other opportunities. That's bald fact.