Benidorm - Series 1 & 2 Page 7

Just goes to show that a good line up doesn't guarantee a good sitcom.

I'm not a big fan of The Catherine Tate Show. She is a brilliant actress though but I think a lot of the sketches weren't funny - almost too real. Maybe Derren Litten needs to write with someone. Are you there Derren? I'll give you a hand (so to speak).

Quote: HeinerL @ March 9, 2007, 11:56 PM

I think one of the things that bothered me most was that I couldn't believe that these people from pretty classy previous BBC shows (League of Gentlemen, Ideal, Nathan Barley) were all stuck in one stinky ITV show. Surely not something to show off with - actually, it can only go downhill from being in a sitcom on that channel.

Nathan Barley was Channel 4, but Nicholas Burns was also in the excellent Absolute Power on the BBC. :)

Quote: David Chapman @ March 10, 2007, 12:08 AM

Just goes to show that a good line up doesn't guarantee a good sitcom.

Jam & Jerusalem

I didn't think it was that bad. I watched all six episodes and thought it was a decent attempt with a more original idea than all the family-related ones of late.

At least someone is having a go at doing something different, its not the Office or Green Wing but we can't expect every new sitcom to change the face of comedy.

HI There

I though that the Benidorm comedy was fab it showed you people from all walks of life on a package holiday. I know some people didn't like it saying that Benidorm was not like that but do they not realise that it was not about Benidorm but people on a package holiday. I was in Benidorm when it was being filmed last year infact it was my hotel The Nereo that the crew used to come to get their dinner. I look forward to the next series. Any idea when it will be shown.

Does anybody know when series 2 of Benidorm is due to be screened?

Out of interest, is there a planned DVD release yet?

How can they do a new series, they will need new characters and new cast.

And a new writer/team, with any luck... ;)

Tiger Aspect's website states it's the same writer and cast plus a few new cast members. It's getting eight episodes. Can't see what your problem with this show is.

I work near Tiger Aspect's head office. Might go down there and do a bit of re-arranging. ;)

It's a bit like Duty Free in that the same couples returned to the same hotel I think.

I really liked it but then I like laughing and there's eff all else on - except Kay Tate and thank God repeats of really funny sit coms Wave

Interesting to see that Benidorm has been (deservedly) nominated for a Bafta for best sitcom, especially after all the negative comments about it on this forum!

The internet is full of amateur critics. Critics don't reflect what most 'normal' people actually think. There's also the politics of these sorts of thing to consider.

I saw an advert for this, just a pram joke.