DVD Bargains Page 48

Pinko? I hope you're not suggesting Labour...

Quote: Aaron @ April 15 2010, 1:15 AM BST

Pinko? I hope you're not suggesting Labour...

Off topic!

Just bought Mitchell and Webb's the Magicians from my local library for 50p. Is that good value?

This week's deal from Network

http://www.networkdvd.net/

Quote: Chappers @ April 15 2010, 7:30 PM BST

Off topic!

Just bought Mitchell and Webb's the Magicians from my local library for 50p. Is that good value?

I just bought Confetti for 50p. I think we've either both won, or both lost 50p.

Quote: miss jaffacake @ April 16 2010, 5:45 PM BST

I just bought Confetti for 50p. I think we've either both won, or both lost 50p.

You definitely lost. Even the stars of Confetti now admit it's a bit shit.

Quote: chipolata @ April 19 2010, 10:52 AM BST

You definitely lost. Even the stars of Confetti now admit it's a bit shit.

You do get to see Robert Webb's penis though, and there's not many films you can say that about. Hardly any. Certainly not Star Wars.

Series 1 of I'm Alan Partridge is two english pounds in Tesco.

Network DVDs seem to be fairly cheap in HMV at the minute. Had a look in today and going to finish my collection of Get Some In! tomorrow as each series is £5. Also the complete Man About The House is £20 in there and George & Mildred DVDs are cheaper than usual too.

How much of Get Some In! do you have already? Amazon are selling the complete box set for £14.97.

See Amazon product listing

Quote: chipolata @ April 19 2010, 1:08 PM BST

Series 1 of I'm Alan Partridge is two english pounds in Tesco.

That seems worth a trip. Is it on the shelf though or do you have to ferret in the bargain bin?

Quote: Aaron @ April 19 2010, 6:44 PM BST

How much of Get Some In! do you have already? Amazon are selling the complete box set for £14.97.

The first three series, so will get the remaining two tomorrow for a tenner.

Quote: Aaron @ April 19 2010, 6:44 PM BST

It wasn't really that good though was it. Typical ITV "sitcom".

It wasn't that bad. You've a peculiar pathological hatred of ITV shows. Modern ones, yeah, fair enough...

It's a good show Dave, good cast and good writers in John Esmonde and Bob Lareby. It isn't as good as other military sitcoms such as 'Dad's Army' and 'It Aint Half Hot Mum' but it is a good value sitcom. Great theme tune aswell.

Quote: Chappers @ April 19 2010, 6:52 PM BST

That seems worth a trip. Is it on the shelf though or do you have to ferret in the bargain bin?

No, it's on the shelf. Perched like an owl at an owl sanctuary.