DVD Bargains Page 53

Quote: Aaron @ June 13 2010, 3:59 PM BST

Apparently it does have some stuff, including a Cole interview.

Hmmm. I wonder if it's the same slightly poor video quality (sometimes grainy) and low mono audio of the Minder DVDs released by Australia's Umbrella Entertainment a few years ago? No George Cole interview on those, but many other extras, including two sets of outtakes, several commentaries (none with Dennis Waterman), all of the specials and the Minder anti-drugs film, which is not all preachy. Fremantle Home Entertainment's website is useless as it doesn't mention whether its Minder release has subtitles, while the extras are listed only as the four specials, the George Cole interview and a photo gallery.

Then those probably are the specials, and there probably aren't any subtitles.

Quote: Aaron @ June 14 2010, 1:05 PM BST

Then those probably are the specials, and there probably aren't any subtitles.

No, the four specials in the Fremantle box-set are just the four Christmas specials: Cruel Canal, Around The Corner, Minder On The Orient Express and An Officer and a Car Salesman. No mention from Fremantle whether it has the anti-drugs film, which was called A Little Bit of Give and Take. They should send you a review copy, which you could pass on to me.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2010, 11:57 AM BST

They should send you a review copy, which you could pass on to me.

He can't afford the postage to Australia, Wolverhampton however . .

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2010, 11:57 AM BST

No, the four specials in the Fremantle box-set are just the four Christmas specials

You misunderstand. I mean that if that's what the blurb said, that's what it refers to. Just the interview and whatever else it was as special extra features. None of the stuff you mention.

I just bought the box set, Minder - The Complete Collection for £37.95. Thanks for the link Old Rocker :D

The set includes all ten series and four specials including the feature length special Minder on the Orient Express and a interview with George Cole.

No problem Ode Pal.

You might like to have a look here as well if you haven't already . .

http://www.minder.org/

Quote: James Cotter @ June 15 2010, 5:24 PM BST

The set includes all ten series and four specials including the feature length special Minder on the Orient Express and a interview with George Cole.

Do you know how many commentaries it has? (And whether there are any commentaries by the late Verity Lambert?) And whether it has any outtakes? Is the interview with George Cole on a 'bonus disc' along with the specials? A shame if it doesn't have the anti-drugs film or the outtakes, which could use some restoration (as they were rather speckled in the Australian DVD releases).

Minder box set arrived this morning. There are no commentaries, no outtakes, the interview with George Cole is on a bonus disc along with the four specials (Cruel Canal, Around the Corner, Minder on the Orient Express and An Officer & A Car Salesman). It also has a picture gallery and that's it for extras.

Quote: James Cotter @ June 19 2010, 11:20 AM BST

Minder box set arrived this morning. There are no commentaries, no outtakes, the interview with George Cole is on a bonus disc along with the four specials (Cruel Canal, Around the Corner, Minder on the Orient Express and An Officer & A Car Salesman). It also has a picture gallery and that's it for extras.

Gosh, that's a bit ordinary. It's a shame it doesn't have the commentaries from Johnny Goodman, Verity Lambert, Tony Hoare and George Cole. I'm guessing the audio/video transfers won't be any better than the Australian releases.

See Amazon product listing

:P

I bought Caroline in the City - Series 1 for £2 and Series 2 for £3 from CEX.

Also got So I Married an Axe Murderer for 50p.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 22 2010, 3:01 PM BST

See Amazon product listing

:P

This arrived a couple of days ago.

Digital remasters, loads of extras too numerous to list.

Still my favourite scene ! . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6-Snl4a1RI

Quote: David Carmon @ June 30 2010, 12:17 AM BST

Also got So I Married an Axe Murderer for 50p.

Not at all interestingly, So I Married an Axe Murderer has been in the $2 specials bin for a while at one of my local DVD stores. The two DVD titles that seem to have been in the specials bin for the longest period of time are Orgazmo and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The latter's inclusion in the cheap rubbish bin is baffling.

I think Axe Murderer is good, or am I thinking of Death Becomes Her? Oh I don't know.

I'm sure it was good though...............