I am me

hello everyone,

i'm monkeybeard and i'm not very new to this forum just new at actually posting. i'm a writer currently writing my first childrens book. my connection to the world of comedy is my half hour sitcom script that i tried to get developed a few years back but was unsuccessful. i aim to go back to that later this year and may even have a chance of a radio sitcom done locally.

i also never use capitals and my punctuation and grammar is poor.

i'm a kind man but if anyone picks me up on this constantly i will snub them :D

its nice to be here

welcome monkeybeard, don't worry about your punctuation too much, we have had worse, in fact i'm probably worse, iwhy don't you post your sitcom in the critique part and get some constuctive critisism that may help (apologies if you already have)
it's good to have you around, good luck with your childrens book, did you watch "what i'd really like to do" with adrian chiles, he has done pilot and a childrens book author now? i remeber chip and biff, they were the books for young kids who can't read, the words are huge and the dialogue was poor to say the least, and frankly chip scared the sh*t out of me, anyway, look forward to your posts

Ahem. Using correct spelling and grammar - that includes capitalisation and punction - is required, in accordance with the site rules. Whilst we're not going to go completely Nazi, please at least make sure that your posts are readable. It's just a common courtesy.

(And that's aimed at no one member in particular, by the way.)

... But welcome!

Quote: Aaron @ January 16, 2007, 6:31 PM

Ahem. Using correct spelling and grammar - that includes capitalisation and punction - is required, in accordance with the site rules. Whilst we're not going to go completely Nazi, please at least make sure that your posts are readable. It's just a common courtesy.

(And that's aimed at no one member in particular, by the way.)

... But welcome!

wow...what a warm welcome. i've never felt so welcomed before. such a heart-warming greeting. i could go on but i won't as i can't quite believe what i just read.

:S

Come now, it really wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a reminder of the rules for anyone who may be reading. If one really has problems with spelling ad grammar, then that's one thing, but those members who just don't bother is another matter. People are more than welcome to post, but we really do need to keep a relative degree of 'correctness' or everything will descend to nthng bt txt spk!

Quote: Aaron @ January 18, 2007, 3:45 PM

If one really has problems with spelling ad grammar

Ha ha, now I know that error was intentional wasn't Aaron?

Welcome to the site monkeybeard.

Quote: Aaron @ January 18, 2007, 3:45 PM

Come now, it really wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a reminder of the rules for anyone who may be reading. If one really has problems with spelling ad grammar, then that's one thing, but those members who just don't bother is another matter. People are more than welcome to post, but we really do need to keep a relative degree of 'correctness' or everything will descend to nthng bt txt spk!

aah it wasn't directed at anyone, but you chose my greetings post to address this point? :D

were you expecting my posts to be full of crazy drawling words that didn't mean anything? don't worry it's mainly just no capitals with me, i'm sure that won't cause any problems.

unless you run a CAPITAList state here :D

Quote: monkeybeard @ January 18, 2007, 4:14 PM

Pun alert! Pun alert! Where's Charlie?!! :)

Welcome monkeybeard

Dan

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ January 18, 2007, 3:51 PM

Ha ha, now I know that error was intentional wasn't Aaron?

Was that? ;)

aah it wasn't directed at anyone, but you chose my greetings post to address this point? :D

Was really Lewis's post which inspired me to put it here, not yours.

Boom boom tsssschhhhhhh.

I think it's safe to say that I'm fairly right-wing and capitalist, but whether that comes across in the way the board is run is another matter...

;)

Quote: Aaron @ January 18, 2007, 7:11 PM

Was really Lewis's post which inspired me to put it here, not yours.

i thinks i speaked perfect England (notice the capital letter on england), when i was at school, my English teacher said, "you could be a novel writter or a great author when your older,,, if you wern't so sh*t at writing" teachers can be harsh, i promise my punctuation and grammar will improve Aaron, and welcome to you again, i'm sure you will enjoy the site.

>_<

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry about the Proffesor's of English here....They all make spelling mistakes..If you want i can show you some previous posts. Sometimes it's when they are moaning at you for your spelling and grammar. Realy it is quite funny...

...... At a price.. I can show you.....I like it standing up....

Ps...They will all go crazy for my error's and over zealous use of full stops now...

I can hear them huffing & puffing like Magic spelling dragons already.....

WELCOME HUNEY.XXXXXXX

Professors. No apostrophe. And same for "errors". ;)

(And since you're challenging me to be picky, I believe that the generally accepted spelling is "honey". :P)

Hahahahaha!!!
Aaron Have a kitkat.

I say Huney...
I have a very,, very,, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very sexy voice......

Quote: charley rance @ January 19, 2007, 2:37 AM

I have a very,, very,, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very sexy voice......

Ah, the lesser-used double-comma. Not quite as long a pause as an ellipsis but ever-so nearly...

;)

Dan