Harry Hill's TV Burp

I've just voted in your poll and was shocked to find no Harry Hill in any of the categories. His Saturday teatime show was easily one of the highlights of last year, all the more so when you consider it's an ITV1 show. I haven't always liked everything Harry's done, but TV Burp is brilliantly silly, and a nice antedote to todays "naturalism" obsessed TV execs.

I don't think that his shows qualified in any of our categories, which would be why he's not there. I expect we'll be introducing more categories next year though, so there may very well be a place for him there.

Jason - I'm a huge fan of TV Burp - pure brilliance. Just wish they'd put it on later in the evening and keep it at the same time each week.

Like Aaron says - it didn't quite fit into any of our chosen award categories hence why it isn't in our awards this year but next year we'll probably be doing something a bit bigger in terms of awards (and more pre-planned) so I'm sure he'll crop up with a few nominations.

Got to be honest, How hard is it to waffle on about a few video's someone sent in. It's not as if you need serious scriptwriting for that.

It wouldn't be at all hard to waffle on. What would be hard is to make it as funny as Harry Hill (and his scriptwriters) do.

Ah, wait, you're thinking of that You've Been Framed. We're talking about TV Burp.

I think that an awful lot of preparation work goes into TV Burp and it pays off. I've always been a Harry fan and I hope that his new series can be a success in primetime.

Although You've Been Framed is not exactly strenuous viewing, I still think that he has done a good job with it. It was unwatchable, in my opinion, when the Emmerdale girl or Jonathan Wilkes hosted it but it's actually pretty funny now.

What about Jeremy Beadle, hmm?

Obviously Jeremy Beadle made it a success and it was quite an innovative show (for British TV at least) when it began. The quality had definitely declined though when the other presenters came in but Harry has improved things a lot.

Just watched 'TV Burp' for the first time. Christ. About as funny as rape. A few (literally, a few) mildly amusing moments, but good Lord, even less funny than Hyperdrive. How they can broadcast it I do not know.

As an extension of 'You've Been Framed', the 'Burp' was a nice progression but now it's time for ITV to stop being so lazy and find something else or it could disappear up its own backside.

I have to say that I enjoyed it and the person I was watching it with, who had never heard of Harry Hill before, enjoyed it as well. It has had many great reviews in the press and the comparison with rape is neither accurate nor pleasant.

The quality of this show is never going to be consistent due to its nature but it was still funny in my opinion and many other people really like it.

here a vote for TV Burp, the few time I’ve seen it I’ve laughed, I’ve just found a Harry Hill video I’ll think I’ll watch it now. Bye Wave

Quote: Aaron @ January 21, 2007, 11:35 AM

Just watched 'TV Burp' for the first time. Christ. About as funny as rape. A few (literally, a few) mildly amusing moments, but good Lord, even less funny than Hyperdrive. How they can broadcast it I do not know.

Really? I think its great, ITVs only good comedy show, and a great familly show too. And Ill have you know that rape, under the right set of circumstances, can be highly amusing.

Heh!

I like TV Burp. Of course I do (unfortunately) watch a lot of the soaps that it lambasts, but my brother doesn't watch any of them and he still finds it funny.

Aaron - don't be rude - nothing deserves to be compared to Hyperdrive!

I join Nick, Barry, Matthew and zooo - a positive vote for TV Burp from me. I think you've got to like Harry Hill and a fan of surrealism to be susceptible to liking the series so can see why some people don't like it.