Technical help needed Page 9

Can anyone explain this to me?

"Your iCloud storage is full.But, as part of your
loyalty program, you can now receive an additional 50 GB for free before the files on your iCloud Drive are deleted.
RECIEVE 50 GB"

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2023, 5:07 PM

Can anyone explain this to me?

"Your iCloud storage is full.But, as part of your
loyalty program, you can now receive an additional 50 GB for free before the files on your iCloud Drive are deleted.
RECIEVE 50 GB"

Sounds a bit spammy.
They don't normally threaten to delete your files - just that you can't add any more.
Is it deffo from iCloud?
Never heard of a loyalty program either.

Billion percent scam!

Do they have a Nigerian email address?

Ma.Chang@expeditors.com.

Yes - sounds dodgy now you mention it.

If that's an exact copy of the message/email, then it's definitely dangerous. The punctuation and spelling errors are obvious.

Yeah, that's not from Apple.

How to report suspicious emails, messages and calls

If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.

To report a suspicious SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, take a screenshot of the message and email the screenshot to reportphishing@apple.com.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th March 2023, 6:28 PM

If that's an exact copy of the message/email, then it's definitely dangerous. The punctuation and spelling errors are obvious.

No grammatical errors as far as I could see, but I'll take everyone's advice and ignore it.

Incidentally I keep getting emails which I report as spam but I still keep getting them.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2023, 7:41 PM

No grammatical errors as far as I could see, but I'll take everyone's advice and ignore it.

"Receive" is spelled incorrectly, and there's a missing space after a period. Add in the suspicious email and everything points to malicious intent.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th March 2023, 7:46 PM

"Receive" is spelled incorrectly, and there's a missing space after a period. Add in the suspicious email and everything points to malicious intent.

i before e except after c.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2023, 7:49 PM

i before e except after c.

That "Golden Rule" doesn't always apply, as there are exceptions, for e.g :-

Glacier
Fancier
Science

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2023, 12:06 AM

Glacier
Fancier
Science

But it does in this instance.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th March 2023, 8:09 AM

But it does in this instance.

But I was just sayin'..................😥 I didn't want you to go through the rest of your life thinking that. 😜

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2023, 12:06 AM

Glacier
Fancier
Science

There are actually more exceptions than there are followers of the rule! It's a useful rhyme in schools for some of the most common words, but quite misleading for the language as a whole.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th March 2023, 10:34 AM

There are actually more exceptions than there are followers of the rule! It's a useful rhyme in schools for some of the most common words, but quite misleading for the language as a whole.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2023, 9:13 AM

But I was just sayin'..................😥 I didn't want you to go through the rest of your life thinking that. 😜

Herc, I was agreeing with you and adding additional context. Don't jump to defensiveness so easily!