Technical help needed Page 4

Quote: Rob H @ October 28 2013, 10:23 AM GMT

Help!!!

I have stupidly managed to delete a photo album from my Galaxy S3. I'm sure it's still somewhere on the phone's memory. How can I retrieve this? Preferably using a free programme.

http://android-photo-recovery.com/tutorials/recover-deleted-photos-from-samsung-galaxy-s3.html

Clever clogs.

Google is your friend.

Thanks for googling for me. :D

I did manage to Google it, and came up with that page. I downloaded the programme too.

The problems are that 1) you have to pay to retrieve the photos - not sure how much - but that's what it looks like, but more significantly 2) my phone doesn't appear on it when it's plugged into the mac. Apparently this is due to the version of Android I have on it. *shrugs uselessly*

I have android phone (Samsung galaxy). I can't load The independent website on it. It loads half way and freezes. It happens when I enter the address in Google or try to get to it from a link in one those apps that has lots of papers.

It started about 6 months ago, but my phone doesn't do it to for any other site. Does anyone know why?

Dunno I know some sites aren't available internationally.

Quote: sootyj @ 25th November 2013, 12:58 PM GMT

Dunno I know some sites aren't available internationally.

I thought about that as well, but it loads fine on my laptop. I find it very strange.

Have you tried clearing your cache? Do this by going to settings > apps > your browser > clear cache.

Quote: reds @ 25th November 2013, 1:15 PM GMT

I thought about that as well, but it loads fine on my laptop. I find it very strange.

Loads fine on my S2 too. Not that this helps much.

Anyone know how to get rid of something called BoBrowser that my son seems to have installed accidentally? It's not showing up on my control panel at all but is there as the default browser I think.

1) Smack son around the head.

2) See if this helps: http://www.howtogeek.com/207643/how-to-remove-the-horrible-bobrowser-adware-malware/

1) :D

Thanks , will give it a go.

How long have you had your "Kevin", Shaz? Could upgrade him to a new version? Kevin 2.0?

Has anybody else joined their local Facebook group for the area you live in? It's a dirty well of comedy gold. Wading through the bile of racism for our Eastern European brothers and sisters, you will find posts such as "Did anyone see the pile of condoms by the river today?" Followed by a photo with the caption "no but I saw this turd outside of Superdrug".

Quote: Lee @ 8th June 2015, 7:58 AM BST

Has anybody else joined their local Facebook group for the area you live in? It's a dirty well of comedy gold. Wading through the bile of racism for our Eastern European brothers and sisters, you will find posts such as "Did anyone see the pile of condoms by the river today?" Followed by a photo with the caption "no but I saw this turd outside of Superdrug".

They're brilliant.
There needs to be a new "Godwins Law" for how many comments it takes before someone says "It's all immigrants now".
Usually takes about six.
I also like the fact that you get some lovely old duffers posting vintage pics from the early fifties, which are obviously fascinating, then some bozo posting pictures from seven years ago mourning the loss of Woolworth's.