Technical help needed Page 5

Well I posted this in the wrong thread! But I'm glad I'm not the only one!

*posts photo of International Food Market*

Isn't there enough of these in town already???

Well, you can still recover lost photos from samsung phone on computer before the deleted data overwritten by new data, an android data recovery could recover lost data from your phone without any backup file, try Coolmuster Android Data Recovery, it could recover lost text messages, contacts, photos, etc. http://www.coolmuster.com/lab-fone-for-android.html

Can anyone help me with my pelvic tilt?

Anyone had this pop-up? Is it kosher? Keeps blocking my pages everywhere, and the 'OK' button to decline/postpone is the exact same one to Accept, and I can't close the window.

I currently have Google Chrome as my browser.

UPDATE REQUIRED

Your version of Yahoo provided search is out of date. There is a new and improved version available with the fresh and intuitive chromium browser.

Set Yahoo provided search as my default search, homepage, and newtabs home page on all of my compatible browsers.

Install Chromium browser as my default browser.

By clicking 'OK' you agree to install Chromium browser and your choices above and have read and accepted the Yahoo terms of use and Privacy Policy and the Chromium terms and Privacy Policy.

Not now. (no link)

OK (link)

Please give any advice/help in as simple terms as possible - I.T. Is not my strong point. :)

Seems like a scam to me.

You may have malware in your computer or possibly your router has been hacked into and the DNS setting that should point to your internet supplier's DNS is now pointing to a rogue server which can send all of your internet requests to anywhere it wishes.

DNS = Domain Name Server; the internet verion of Phone number directories, The DNS servers work in a fraction of a second to give you the IP address that corresponds with a text internet address.

To find out if this is the problem you need to find out from your supplier the correct DNS address and then you need to connect to the special internal web server of your router and find out in the internal copy of the DNS address is correct.

Quote: billwill @ 18th August 2016, 2:48 PM

Seems like a scam to me.

Thanks, Bill. :)

I have Norton, but that didn't block it.

I turned off my computer, and then rebooted (about as far as my I.T. expertise goes), and so far it's not returned.

I added more info o my posting above.

It does sound like malware. Something will have changed your browser settings.
It's not a virus as such so virus checkers don't find them. Try free malware software.
It might find and remove it but it won't alter your new un-asked for browser settings.

They are getting cheeky with it, they change your settings so you are bombarded with advertising.

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated.

I have forwarded both of your replies to my brother-in-law, who has the unenviable job of holding my hand when these situations arise. :)

This might help removing it:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-your-version-of-yahoo-provided-search-is-out-of-date-popup/

malwarebytes is very good and easy to use so that might be the best option.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 18th August 2016, 7:09 PM

This might help removing it:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-your-version-of-yahoo-provided-search-is-out-of-date-popup/

malwarebytes is very good and easy to use so that might be the best option.

Thanks, Tarby. That's very helpful, and good of you to provide a link about the actual beast concerned. I was hoping it was a one-off occurrence, but that now seems unlikely. Did you get it too?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 18th August 2016, 8:39 PM

Thanks, Tarby. That's very helpful, and good of you to provide a link about the actual beast concerned. I was hoping it was a one-off occurrence, but that now seems unlikely. Did you get it too?

nope but I googled the notification of the pop up and that was high on the list. I've used malwarebytes before and it was easy to install and run a scan. It found a lot of malware that my AVG free anti virus wasn't detecting.

I've tackled a few viruses in the past and most are pretty harmless but I once got infected with a polymorphic virus called win32/virut. The rule with that kind of infection is a reformat but I didn't want to do that so I had to uninstall loads of applications and keep running some special software designed to clean the system until it was gone. It took weeks and I still shudder at the damage it did.

It's polymorpic because it mutates with different code making it impossible for normal anti virus to remove. Within minutes of being infected by it my anti virus was detecting over 2000 instances and it was growing by the second. The irony is it came from a download of AVG anti virus from the usually trustworthy cnet. Or at least that's what triggered it.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 18th August 2016, 9:05 PM

nope but I googled the notification of the pop up and that was high on the list. I've used malwarebytes before and it was easy to install and run a scan. It found a lot of malware that my AVG free anti virus wasn't detecting.

I've tackled a few viruses in the past and most are pretty harmless but I once got infected with a polymorphic virus called win32/virut. The rule with that kind of infection is a reformat but I didn't want to do that so I had to uninstall loads of applications and keep running some special software designed to clean the system until it was gone. It took weeks and I still shudder at the damage it did.

It's polymorpic because it mutates with different code making it impossible for normal anti virus to remove. Within minutes of being infected by it my anti virus was detecting over 2000 instances and it was growing by the second. The irony is it came from a download of AVG anti virus from the usually trustworthy cnet. Or at least that's what triggered it.

Bloody hell! Now you've really scared me. :D

On a different note, I hope your cat flea situation is now, more or less zapped?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 18th August 2016, 9:58 PM

Bloody hell! Now you've really scared me. :D

On a different note, I hope your cat flea situation is now, more or less zapped?

Yep all sorted now cheers :) After spraying over a week ago I've not seen a single flea which shows that Indorex really does what it says on the tin. The bonus is I got the same spray from the landlord so I have a full can and a tiny bit left in my can if ever I see more fleas. I heard my neighbours hoovering every day for a while as well so it sounds like they have tried to get rid of them.

I can finally walk around naked again. With the curtains closed of course :D

Anyone tried any of those Mac 'clean-up' tools - or are they all a con?
There's only so much spinning beach ball a guy can look at.